any one know what I'm doing wrong ?

Options
2»

Replies

• VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I am going to take a different approach to why you gained the 4 lbs although the other ideas are legit too!
    I looked over your diary and You track calories very nicely but the other items such as Fat and Sodium and Sugar, and carbs arent correct as when you add something that is homemade you only add the calories. My thought on this is that you may be going over the other items such as fat. Someone can stay within their calories by say eating a whopper lets say but go over on fat by a ton which will affect you weight lows/gain/
    When I make something that is homemade I add all the ingredients into the recipe maker to get the most accurate readings. It takes time to do this but in the long run it will help you with your weight loss.
    I also had read somewhere a while back that people tend to underestimate their calories by 40% and over estimate their exercise calories burned by 20%. Thats a swing of 60% possibly. This is one reason I dont eat my exercise calories back or very little of them. No matter how hard we try to measure and weigh its still only our best estimate.
    On one other note: Every month and not anywhere near my time of the month I will gain 4lbs exactly. Im not doing anything different its just a hormone thing. Takes me the entire week to "work" it off. Happens every month so I know its just the hormones.
    Hope this helps give you other ideas of whats happening. Keep up the good work!

Good point, use the recipe function on MFP. I have recorded my regular home made things like chicken casserole, my seed and nuts snacks etc. Hepls keep your diary much more accurate.

V
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements too and check them every so often as seeing them drop may provide the encouragement you need.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok so while everyone's advice is great and all, a calorie is a calorie. yeah you may be retaining water because of sodium levels yada yada (that wil eventually level out) but really when it comes down to it you would have had to have consumed an extra 14,000 calories last week, thats an extra 2,000 a day! I highly doubt you were off by that much! So...just trying consuming some more water and rely on your measurements rather than weight for a few weeks.
  • trinitymel1982
    Options
    well I feeling much better as I have just been to the chemists and used the scales with a body fat monitor and I have gone from 48.2% to 39.4% !!! so hopefully the lb's will start coming off as well soon :/ think I am going to mesure every were I can think off not just my belly and hips.