Zero inches!

Options
So I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and I have lost 6 pounds. I'm pretty happy about that and decided to take my measurements just to see, and I have not lost one inch ANYWHERE!:mad: I know it hasn't really been that long, but when did you start losing inches?

Replies

• kaitlynrose
    Options
    So I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and I have lost 6 pounds. I'm pretty happy about that and decided to take my measurements just to see, and I have not lost one inch ANYWHERE!:mad: I know it hasn't really been that long, but when did you start losing inches?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    what are you doing for your workouts??
  • kaitlynrose
    Options
    I walk on the treadmill at 3.5 for 30 min every other day, and the other days I walk with the dog and pushing the stroller for about 20 min.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    The personal trainer that I'm working with insists that combining cardio and strength is much more effective than strictly doing cardio. Maybe you can try that? I don't know, but 6 lbs in three weeks is good!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    It could also be that you are measuring at a different time of day, right after you've eaten, in slightly different spots or you may have measured yourself inaccurately the first time. There are a lot of thing that can affect your results just don't get discouraged and measure again in a month or so.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Well thats is perfectly healthy,that mean you loosing on average 2lbs a week which is the recommended weight loss per week ,way to go:smokin: and another thing I have lost 23lbs but I havent loss inches really so dont beat yourself up just yet, it depends on how your body made and what kind of workouts you do to
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you lose fat in unseen places that are not measured like armpits and other nooks and crannys.
  • MarineWife1371
    Options
    I've heard that boobs are one of the first places you lose when you start working out... so maybe you've just been losing boobage.... have you been measuring your thighs/upper arms because you'll lose there too.

You know its going away somewhere cause you lost 6 pounds!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how your body distributes fat as well. It's taken me 4 months to lose 6 inches on the waist. And thats because the weight on me is more evenly distributed on me than on other people.

Sometimes it takes six months before you start noticing a difference in your clothing for others it doesn't take long.

For me to see 44 inchs I was around 250 pounds so it's going to take me another six months or so to see those four inches to come off me now.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sorry Marine wife the boob thing is not true; at least not for me. I've lost 20 pounds and still do not need a different bra size. Just trust your body, not just the scales or the measurement, see how your clothes fit. Is something that used to be tight fitting better.

I also finally bought a myotape so that I get the same tension of the measuring tape everytime.
  • margz85
    margz85 Posts: 11
    Options
    DOnt worry...i lost 7 pounds measured myself and i gained an inch in my neck...HAHA (i may not have measured it right the first time) LOL However, i lost 1 1/2 inches in my waist...NOTHING in my hips...so i think your body loses is in different areas....it takes me forever to see a difference in my what i like to call (second stomach...HAHA). My arms and waist usually go first. So measure other parts of the body :wink:
  • jvandertuin
    jvandertuin Posts: 40
    Options
    I've been measuring myself and graphing it since December and sometimes the tape measure is smaller and sometimes it's larger and I've lost over 23 lbs since Dec 08. I have to agree with others, my boobs are only about 2 cms smaller then when I began with the largest coming off my waist/hips...and my calves have not changed one iota.

So, it depends on you as to whether you are losing it in the places that you are measuring and the time of day. Taking measurements right after eating a meal is probably not the best indicator.

Keep up the good work!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You've probably lost more visceral fat, which is the type that surrounds your organs and puts you at greater risk of disease. Subcutaneous fat is the type that sits between your muscle and skin and what you measure with the tape measure. It's actually good to lose the visceral fat first as it improves your health more.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I've been measuring myself and graphing it since December and sometimes the tape measure is smaller and sometimes it's larger and I've lost over 23 lbs since Dec 08. I have to agree with others, my boobs are only about 2 cms smaller then when I began with the largest coming off my waist/hips...and my calves have not changed one iota.

So, it depends on you as to whether you are losing it in the places that you are measuring and the time of day. Taking measurements right after eating a meal is probably not the best indicator.

Keep up the good work!

My boobage decreased significantly, I was oblivious to it until my family and friends starting making comments about how they dissappeared. :laugh:
    It's so true every body is different, I only wish I could have lost the weight off my waist/hips before my boobs! Oh well...the point is we are losing it somewhere which is the main goal right? :happy: