Some general questions about Jillian Michaels DVDs

Options
I've just discovered Jillian Michaels and did my first ripped in 30 DVD today, which I really liked.

I'm pretty much at my goal weight now, but wanting to step the strength up a bit to tone up a bit. I'm trying to find out how people do her programs in the longer term as I'm not looking for a quick fix, but something that I will maintain over the long term.

The majority of my training is triathlon based, fitting in running, swimming and cycling each week - often 2 sessions a day. I had been doing a home based hand weights strength session twice a week (combined with a ride on the same day), but I've now decided to switch that to Jillian Michaels.

I know that JM recommends doing this DVD 5 or 6 times a week. My question is, if I only do it twice a week, will I see results (obviously not in 30 days). Because the other days of the week I've got double sessions (eg swim in morning, run in the evening), it somehow feels a bit obsessive to try to squeeze another session - Jilian Michaels in there too! I could do it, but I also want to ensure that I'm optimising my training around the swim, ride run.

The other question I have, is, what happens when you get to the end of week 4. Do you just keep repeating level 4 each week indefinitely?

Whislt I haven't purchased it yet, I'm also looking at the 6 week six-pack DVD, and wondered what the recommendations are for that in terms of number of times per week. Do people do the ripped in 30, and then switch to 6 week abs, or rotate them?

Anyway, would be interested to hear how you break up Jillian Michaels DVDs - especially if you combine it with other training.

As I said, I'm trying to work out a long term schedule, not a quick fix one, and anticipate that this will form part of my weekly training.

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Hey there,j/m has quite a few GOOD dvds out there and so does bob harper between them its all you need x

at the end of the day it is ANY exersice that counts right! :drinker: just keep swapping it around every few weeks and you will do fine x
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    No expert but should imagine twice a week is still going to bring you some benefit. Also, upping the weights as your strength increases :-)