Has anyone found a way...

Options

Replies

• roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was never a big fan of water either but when I started on MFP last year I just forced myself to drink the 8 cups a day. After about a week I was totally used to the taste and now, apart from herbal teas, it's pretty much all I drink on a daily basis. Chances are if you stick it out you'll get used to it. I'm lucky enough that my office has a water cooler so it probably tastes better than tap water but still, maybe try bottled water, or a filter jug?
  • jodee_donavan
    jodee_donavan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    fresh:
    lemon
    lime
    orange
    cucumber

water is pretty much all i drink- but sometimes i look at adding those as a "treat"
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sassy water.
    Google it!

I hated water and never drank it!
    Now its just about all I have!

I love water, but I googled it and this sounds interesting... I'll have to try it!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing add some low sugar squash cordial etc... but I don't know if that is just defeating the object... thoughts?

From what I have read it is not defeating the object as any water intake counts including if you drink lots of green tea & the like. The debate still goes on whenever it counts in caffeinated coffee and tea as caffeine dehydrates you but most things I have read is that it counts in anything.....

What I would say is give it time; perhaps drink a few glasses of 'plain' water a day and gradually increase the amount. You will be surprised as to how you get used to it; for me it's the only thing I drink if I am really thirsty :smile:

Good luck!! Vx
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Lime cordial for me, swapped this for all diet drinks & I feel it has helped me. Also take soda water, which satisfies the odd craving for something fizzy, which you can also add a cordial to to give it a flavour.
    Don't know if I'm just making a drink that's as bad as the ready made diet drinks but psychologically it works for me.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd but not all water tastes the same. Seriously! My favorite bottled water is Poland Spring, the others are okay.
    At work, the water cooler on my floor is better than the one upstairs (the one on my floor is filtered). I try to get all my water in at work, the water is better.
    When I go out, I usually order water with lemon. Others mentioned cucumbers, you can add just a little of any fruit to change the flavor - lemon, lime, watermelon, peach...you get the idea.
    Try getting a Brita water filter if you can. I really think it makes a difference. But that might just be me.
    My son talked me into Mia the other day, I tried it and preferred water.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    For me, water has to be ice-cold.
    I love it with fresh squeezed lemon or lime. Or, even both.

I dont use any of the Mio's, Crystal Lights or any of that because they contain alternative sugar sweetners, chemicals, additives and preservatives... things you dont need to put in your body because its not good for you to begin with.... I have major food sensitivities to the point my mouth will develop bleeding kankar sores... I failed to ask the person who brought in food for folks to try, exactly what she put in it... and the minute I put it in my mouth, I started having a reaction...

Motivate yourself to have water that is all natural, fresh lemon or lime, ice-cold... you are much better off being chemical-free....
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What about Tesco Sparkling water Peach flavour?

I tried it and I really love it. I didn't drink water b4.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    cucumber, nice and refreshing especially during the summer months

This^ or any fresh fruit will do. I love strawberries in mine:)

I chop up various fruits and/or vegetables and add them to water with some bruised mint leaves or lemon/lime juice. Steep it in the fridge for a few hours and you have a lovely flavour with no added calories (or under 5 at most!). Cucumber and mint is a favourite, with raspberries added to the mix in summer.
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of plain sparking water. If regular still water I have to add the tiniest splash of orange squash to it. I can't get plain water down otherwise. I keep several flavours if squash in the house to keep it interesting.
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    I started by using Crystal Light in my water and then I gradually weaned onto just plain water. Do it slow and you'll get used to the taste.

Not sure we can get this in the UK... but I'm sure there must be something similar... thanks : )

You can but its quite expensive compared to in the US.... if you gooogle Stateside Candy Company they sell it but not too many flavours they also sell sugar free Kool Aid :-)

It is the only way I get water into me I went from no water to 2 litres a day with Crystal Light .. I now beg anyone who is going to the US to bring it back for me :smile:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I use crystal light and propel (and coffee). it's not ideal, but it's better than kidney pain.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    I put a pitch in the fridge the night before. The taste changes a lot to me.
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I was starting to get a little tired of plain water myself, so I've started throwing some lemon wedges into my water bottle...and if i'm really treating myself, a bit of stevia...it's like a 10 calorie lemonade :)
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like a squeeze of lemon or lime.
  • jezebe11e
    Options
    I have to drink my water filtered, on the rocks, through a straw. It tastes sweeter and more refreshing when it's clean and cold, and it seems to feel colder when I drink it through a straw. Try drinking some water like this after a hard workout. It might taste better to you then.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I started by using Crystal Light in my water and then I gradually weaned onto just plain water. Do it slow and you'll get used to the taste.

This is what I did as well...
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses the MiO water flavoring packets. I don't mind the taste of water so I haven't tried it yet. However, she loves it. :smile:

I use these, the brand from walmart is very good and cheaper than mios-I love the strawberry watermelon one! Also if I find lemons and limes on sale I buy a bag and slice them up in it. I use a large 32 oz water jug with a built in straw, for some reason its easier to sip it all down that way!
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Walmart & Krogers sell flavored carbonated water. The Walmart brand has 0 sugar, 0 caffeine 0 calories and 0 sodium. The Kroger brand has all the same things except 10 mg sodium. These are found where the bottled water is, I've started drinking this instead of pop. Also they've got the Great Value version of Mio, so far I've just tried the sweet southern tea, and I also got strawberry watermelon but not tried it yet. Theres 0 calories etc in it as well. Hope this helps!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    i love water but i add Lemon to it now and we are also hooked on Mio thanks to mfp we no longer buy kool-aid or Krystal light!! we have all but the energy flavors.