What am I doing WRONG?

Options
Before joining MFP, I lost 6lbs., I have since lost an additional 3lbs., so a total of 9lbs. This is great; however, I feel that i have reached a plateau. I recently went down to 1200 calories a day, and some days, I don't even reach this calorie max, because of the exercise that I do. I am eating well and exercising, but this last week, i only lost 2 oz.!!! What am I doing wrong? What can I change, so that I will start losing weight again??? Please HELP!!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    Before joining MFP, I lost 6lbs., I have since lost an additional 3lbs., so a total of 9lbs. This is great; however, I feel that i have reached a plateau. I recently went down to 1200 calories a day, and some days, I don't even reach this calorie max, because of the exercise that I do. I am eating well and exercising, but this last week, i only lost 2 oz.!!! What am I doing wrong? What can I change, so that I will start losing weight again??? Please HELP!!

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Simple answer - eat more. 1200 isn't enough to fuel your metabolism. If you lost the 9 lbs before you went down to 1200 - go back to what you were doing before. If you were waaayyy undereating, then give your metabolism time to adjust to more food. Also - read some of the sticky posts (the ones with the little stickpins) at the top of some of the forums. They will help you loads!
  • margz85
    margz85 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes. I think it is my diet. You are working out which is awesome. Do you change up your diet at all? I switched to eating different foods... I started eating hummus with cucumbers as a snack .. and a little more protein and i found myself loosing again. It worked for me..but everyone is different. My body needed more of a food variety.
  • smcopley
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! MTGirl...where are these sticky notes??

• mbmempireranch
    Options
    Yes, eat more ! I know it sounds funny but it works :) How do I know... because I lost over 130 lbs doing the exact same thing :) eat eat eat :)
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! MTGirl...where are these sticky notes??

Look at the top of the "General Diet and Weight Loss Help" forum - actually where you posted this. Those little yellow thingies are thumbtacks lol! The top two are the ones I recommend - although the forum rules are always good to read! :flowerforyou:
  • lld20
    lld20 Posts: 9
    Options
    Drink lots of water and try changing up your exercise routine. It not only helps decrease your chances of getting bored but, it might add a boost to your metabolism
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You are NOT going to lose 2 pounds, or even 1 pound a week with the amount you need to lose. It just won't happen. So take those 2 oz and feel glad that you are still losing. Sure, you can try different things for a few weeks (each) and see if you can make it a bit faster, but reset your expectations as well. Your body will hold onto what little fat is left.
  • smcopley
    Options
    adopt4: what do you mean with the amount i need to lose?? do you think i am setting my expectations too high? I feel like i expect to at least lose a pound a week, but i am open to changing my expectations! do you have any suggestions on what i should change my expectations to?

Thanks!! :smile: