Master Cleanse

Options
2»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I have decided not to do it. Thanks guys for all the good advice. Going to just keep on with the ecercise and eating healthy! :)

Thata Girl!!!
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I HATE the MC! I found it to be very stripping on the body. A juice fast is a much healthier way to go. There are just so much better ways to detox. Transitioning to all-raw food for about a week, then going into just juice for about 3-10 days followed by a slow transition back out is the way to go IMHO.
  • missfayefaye
    Options
    That sounds like a frightening diet. It's good to hear that you are not doing it!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Sounds legit. I hear if you don't regularly flush these "toxins" away you have about 98% chance of ending up like this:

t_17565.jpg
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I would cleanse, but I have a healthy liver and kidneys, so I just let them take care of the junk my body doesn't need or has already used.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I HATE the MC! I found it to be very stripping on the body. A juice fast is a much healthier way to go. There are just so much better ways to detox. Transitioning to all-raw food for about a week, then going into just juice for about 3-10 days followed by a slow transition back out is the way to go IMHO.

Oh, yeah. That's so much better ...
  • esballet
    esballet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cleanses like this have no proven benefits and are not recommended by medical professionals. I know a woman who has done the MC multiple times over the past several years. I remember her before she started 'cleansing,' and although she was maybe a little bit chubby, she was still a pretty, healthy woman with a normal weight. Every time she did the MC she put on more weight and is now morbidly obese. She looks old for her age, and has a multitude of health issues, including needing to have her pancreas REMOVED as a result of the damage she's done to her body. Despite having a very healthy diet now, she can no longer lose or keep weight off. I don't understand why anyone would do something like that to their body... not to mention it sounds terrible!