Long Drives and Eating

Options
wapan
wapan Posts: 219 Member
Hello, I make a few long drives - 4 to 6 hours - about twice a month and was wondering how people prepare for them nutrition wise and if you haven't prepared, how do you make the best of gas station food?

( Yesterday I snacked on luna bars, sugar free gum, 1 bottled water and a lot of baby carrots.)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
  • FranklyFatso
    Options
    I'm making a four hour trip tomorrow after work and was just discussing this same issue this morning. We generally rush out of the house and realize 10 minutes later that we're starving and have to stop somewhere. Due to a severe lack of healthy food on the way, we usually end up at Wendy's or Taco Bell and feel disgusting the rest of the way. I've vowed not to eat any fast food this year, so that definitely won't be happening tomorow.

My plan this time is it to make pita sandwiches stuffed with veggies for dinner. If we do hit up a gas station and I have to eat something, I look for the crudites and just ignore whatever dip or dressing comes with it. Unless it's hummus, then I'll usually eat it.

Good luck and safe travels!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Much appreciated. Thank you!