Lina's Greek Yogurt Panko Chicken Breast! (With Pic)

Options

Replies

• megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nice will have to try this when I take dinners over to my great aunt and uncle :) They always ask me to bring them churchs chicken and then expect me to eat it with them and this I will be able to eat with them!!!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump... looks good and sounds good. Thank you for sharing!

Not heard of panko crumbs or pam spray though... wonder if I can get in the UK... TO THE GOOGLE MACHINE! :laugh: :tongue:

ETA: UK peeps, you can get Panko Breadcrumbs in Tesco, in case you were wondering :smile: and pam spray can be replaced with any spray oil I think... happy cooking :wink:
  • ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    Options
    sounds great!!! gonna make this soon!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Was planning chicken for dinner tomorrow... now I know what recipe to make! Thanks!!
  • valorieflowers
    Options
    Bump! Awesome, thanks!
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    Phwoar. Sounds goooooood!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options

I love using panko on cod :)

I want to make it with fish!!!!! I don't eat chicken. How does it work, not cook it for as long? I think adding lemon to the yog would be good. Does it have to be a fairly firm fishie?
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KAZGAFFNEY
    KAZGAFFNEY Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great writing Lina - very funny so now I too will make this yogurty Pankoey thingy. Can't wait.
  • Hollyjd1019
    Hollyjd1019 Posts: 148
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I am in love w Panko right now! I just started using it this past month. I started w white fish. Then last night I coated some pork loin w it! Yummy...then I was like what else can I coat w Panko. Im anxious to try your suggestion. Thanks for sharing.
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    sounds good thanks for sharing
  • melonerski
    melonerski Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lorazaruba
    lorazaruba Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kiahpyr
    kiahpyr Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Will be making this. Thanks!
  • emilyrenee1
    Options
    OK, I must have done something wrong. I made this for dinner tonight using the boneless/skinless chicken breast, fat free greek yogurt, Mrs. Dash Table blend (mixed in with the yogurt) and Panko bread crumbs. I baked it for a total of almost an hour on 250, but it wasn't crispy/browned. The chicken was cooked through, but the bread crumbs just weren't crunchy and more of a soggy mess. Luckily it still tasted good and we all ate it, but any suggestions as to how to make it "crispier" looking and/or tasting?

I am guessing you should cook it at a higher temp for less time. Low and slow is great if you want something to be tender and juicy but not so great for crispy. I can't wait to try this!!
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    Made this tonight - was delicious! I used boneless skinless chicken thigh instead (not a huge fan of chicken breast), added some finely chopped chilli to the yoghurt, and also to the panko - and a weeny bit of parmesan too. I had it with stirfried ribbons of courgettes and capsicum (with more chilli), quinoa on a bed of baby spinach, and a wee sauce of yoghurt and more chilli.

I like chilli apparently!

I did have to put it on fan-bake for a wee while to get the colour right, but that was easily done. It was just so tasty! Definitely doing it again.
  • Regrespsych
    Options
    Hi Lina! I wanted a recipe I could use yogurt in and thanks for this recipe. Question? I had my chicken information 55 minutes but when I uncovered it, the panko crumbs were blanched and it was not crispy. :(. So I put it back in for a little while longer in hopes if getting the crunchy look. Hope it works. I will report back.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    That looks absolutely AMAZING! Thank you for sharing. Definitely going to try. :D
  • TravelBunnyGirl
    Options
    sounds yummy, will definitely try it out-THANKS!:smile: