NSV Check-in

Options
2»

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    (First post. HI!)

1. Yesterday I completed day 1 of Couch to 5K on the treadmill with no problems. In fact, I think I might skip ahead to week 2...I didn't realize how in shape the elliptical has made me!
    2. When stretching, I usually feel my tummy and gauge how much is sticking up over my hip bones. Last night, I realized my tummy was flat! I laughed at myself, getting excited that my tummy was flat when lying on the ground. ;)
    3. Ate a no-carb dinner which meant I was hungry again by 9pm, but I didn't listen to my growling tummy and just drank water. That was so hard! I HATE being hungry!

That's all...thanks for letting me get those out there! Also, thanks OP for your words...I forget that so many times! I have and will always weigh heavier than I look, so I'm gonna focus on how I look and feel and not on the stupid scale.

WTG!! I just started the couch to 5k yesterday too but I'm not skipping ahead I actually might be on the first week for a few weeks :)

I totally thought the same thing too and was so scared and nervous about moving up each week but somehow my body did it. I had to slow the treadmill down from 5.0 to 4.8 but I was able to do it. Just try it.....your body is a lot more capable then you give it credit for.

I remember looking ahead and being like "they want me to run for 90 seconds....are they smoking crack" or "5 minutes....do they want me to die"?!?! And yesterday I ran for 30 minutes (even with my new tattoo being a little sore) just because I WANTED to run. When did that happen and who am I becoming?!?!?
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm going to repeat day 1 for a few days till I get the "hang" of running on the treadmill. I'm only going about 4.3 now and Id like to get up to at least 4.5 or 4.8. We shall see how it goes :)
  • HopefulMyra
    Options
    sorry if this is a dumb question... but what is NSV?
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    sorry if this is a dumb question... but what is NSV?

Non Scale Victory!

Everyone's doing such great jobs! The only thing I have right now is that people keep telling me not to go too far, that I'm wasting away! (Now, this is because someone in the family had an eating disorder, and it's out of concern) But it's still nice to hear that they think I'm looking smaller!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!