skip rope rant

Options
apparently my complete lack of skill with a skipping rope has transfered into my adult life I was never that good at it as a kid but I had trees to climb instead.
I have made excuse after excuse why I cannot manage to jump a silly rope more than once everything to I'm too fat to the uneven ground.
well darn it I'm done if I never see one again it won't be too soon
Maybe I'll go back to climbing trees :grumble: :laugh:

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    apparently my complete lack of skill with a skipping rope has transfered into my adult life I was never that good at it as a kid but I had trees to climb instead.
    I have made excuse after excuse why I cannot manage to jump a silly rope more than once everything to I'm too fat to the uneven ground.
    well darn it I'm done if I never see one again it won't be too soon
    Maybe I'll go back to climbing trees :grumble: :laugh:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can look into other climbing activities too :laugh: .. I'd go rock climbing if I could afford the equipment.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I can't even pretend to jump rope with The 30 Day Shred half the time. I'm ridiculously uncoordinated! :laugh: So, don't feel too bad!
  • Heather125
    Options
    Maybe you can look into other climbing activities too :laugh: .. I'd go rock climbing if I could afford the equipment.

Now that sounds like alot of fun but I can't afford that either
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options

Ah well, trees are still free ... and possibly safer.
  • Heather125
    Options

Ah well, trees are still free ... and possibly safer.

I like free part but I'm not sure about safer I can see the headline now "30 year old mom of 2 stuck in tree" :laugh:
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    you are not alone in being spastic with a jump rope- in my exercise class we skip pretend rope. you just hop and move your wrists as though you were moving the rope. it's just as effective if not more because you don't waste time getting tangled up or falling. good luck!