HRM how often do you change the batteries?

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
I have had mine two months, and I think it needs a battery change.? I know it didnt have my heart rate correct today for my whole class. Any ideas what to do besides trying a new battery?

Thanks!

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Options
    I have had mine two months, and I think it needs a battery change.? I know it didnt have my heart rate correct today for my whole class. Any ideas what to do besides trying a new battery?

Thanks!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    are you only using it when you workout- The batteries in a HRM aren't meant to run continuously I think my Polar said 1 hour a day in the manual--
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    just when I work out, but now that you mention it, I put it on before I leave work when I change for the gym, and dont take it off till I get home, So about three hours 5 x a week.. maybe thats it?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    just when I work out, but now that you mention it, I put it on before I leave work when I change for the gym, and dont take it off till I get home, So about three hours 5 x a week.. maybe thats it?
    \
    So when you put it on do you hit start?

I put my HRM on before leaving work but I don't hit start until I am at the gym- Now the clock doesn't kill the battey like using it for working out