Best exercises to flatten off your stomach.

Options
Hi,

I am heading on Holiday in about 5 weeks and am looking to have a slimmer stomach. Atm I suffer from muffin top! lol

I do about 160 reps of sit-ups and legs ups per day (on a good day) and was wondering if anyone else has any proven exercises?

I'd really like to do that bikini justice!

Cheers

Jane

Replies

• eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Cardio, burn fat and belly jelly will go away.
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi jane, you wont burn any muffins away without your core being strong. do plank exercises and swiss ball control work aswell as your sit ups. its all about core strength! also dont do full floor to knee sit-ups they are crap, do 3/4 & mid range so you really feel it in your tum, alternate sides too.
    use a med ball when you get stronger to alternate side lifts.
    ps this is all from when i was on rehab with the psychos at waddo!! it works.
    oh and dont forget mid range cardio for fat burning!
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    when i say psychos you know i mean the physios!! (b'st'rds)
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do Zumba, light jogs, and a hell of a lot of sit-ups. But it's kind of difficult to get that last bit, yeah? I'm trying so hard for swimsuit season! I'm actually seriously considering investing in a set of 5 lb dumbbells and perhaps a weight ball. I'll join you on your journey!
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    Hi,

I am heading on Holiday in about 5 weeks and am looking to have a slimmer stomach. Atm I suffer from muffin top! lol

I do about 160 reps of sit-ups and legs ups per day (on a good day) and was wondering if anyone else has any proven exercises?

Cheers

Jane

Regular sit ups and leg ups work a muscle that won't help flatten your stomach. Try doing sit ups on an ab ball or bosu ball. If you do leg ups, move your legs diagonally instead of straight up and down.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Cheers

Jane

Regular sit ups and leg ups work a muscle that won't help flatten your stomach. Try doing sit ups on an ab ball or bosu ball. If you do leg ups, move your legs diagonally instead of straight up and down.

Wrong. If she does that, she'll end up possibly making her stomach larger if she doesn't incorporate a good diet and cardio. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.
  • ca551dy
    ca551dy Posts: 18
    Options
    All forms of planks! They are so effective - trust me. I've had a c-section, which makes things so much more difficult to tighten up, but planks are actually making the difference when endless crunches have not.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Cheers

Jane

I used a balanced diet and a mild calorie deficit to flatten out my stomach.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    Doing a 100 situps or leg raises won't burn belly fat, won't happen. A combination of diet (meaning calorie deficit), cardio and strength training is how to get BF% lower and reduce belly jelly.

Ab workouts are to build up the muscle not to burn the layer of fat on top of those abs. If you are properly doing your fat burning cardio, lifting weights (full body) and eating right (calorie deficit) you will see the difference.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    As stated, reduce body fat to flatten your stomach. All the exercises in the world won't make a difference if your body fat isn't at a low enough percentage. Nothing to do with showing abs or stomach muscles, dropping body fat removes the weight to flatten the appearance.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    Hi,

Cheers

Jane

Wrong. If she does that, she'll end up possibly making her stomach larger if she doesn't incorporate a good diet and cardio. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

I was just commenting on her exercises. I never said you DON'T have to eat well. Never said you DON'T have to do cardio. :grumble:
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Reduce those calories..and...TA DA.....ya got a flatter stomach...pretty easy peasy.