Replies

• Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    congrats, that is great :flowerforyou:
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I wasn't eating back my exercise calories and I wasn't losing weight. Once I started eating back my exercise calories I dropped 3 pounds in a week! Good luck! :) Thanks for sharing!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    For me, eating enough keeps me from making crazy choices later in the week. It is a lot easier for me to resist cupcakes if I am not walking around hungry!

I also know for me to lose that the food intake is the biggest thing for me. (for scale success)
    But for measurement success, I need to lift weights and exercise intensely. Otherwise the only thing that happens is my calves get a tiny bit more definition, and everything else stays the same.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Glad you're having success!!! Wish there were more posts like this to show everyone that it works! :)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Its so scary though and I can't wrap my mind around how I can lose weight with more calories! If I don't lose this week I will try it!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the same thing. This is only the first week of making sure I eat all my exercise calories, but after being stuck since early Jan., the scale has started moving again and my tummy feels flatter! How can this be, that I have cheated myself all these years, under the mindset that we have to give it all up to lose weight, when in fact, the food world is our oyster! As long as we exercise and eat healthy enough to support our workouts, we can have it all!!!!! YAY for us!!!!!!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So, I have a question about upping your calories. If you/when up your calories do you still eat back your exercise calories or not?
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    How do you know how to up your calories? I'm at 1200 and have a desk job. So I'm wondering if I up them, how much I should and how to reflect that in MFP?
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Yipper skipper! another really good way to do it is figure out what your calories would be to maintain your goal weight and set that as your daily intake and don't worry about eating exercise cals back, if you do it's ok but just concentrate on that maintenance calorie intake and the results are wonderful!!!
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    What is your excercise regime? I am new and need to lose 84 pounds.
  • jdennis719
    jdennis719 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yes, it is soooo very hard to believe you have to eat more to lose weight; all my life I've always heard "cut back" and "decrease" so I'm still struggling with getting in my calories BEFORE my exercise. I pretty much always am under my calories, and under a significant amount too. I guess I have to take the plunge and try this upping the calories and see where it takes me.

It just scares me to death that I'll gain back what I've already lost.....< sigh >
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I wonder if he would run my numbers for me? I have no idea if I should up mine and what I should up them to. But I know things aren't working well. I don't always eat great, but I'm not usually terrible either.

I am wondering the same thing. I have tried to ask some questions on the board, but it all goes so fast, I don't think my post gets seen.
  • SwimKitty
    SwimKitty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing - hope it helps lots of people!
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I hope others will read this and do the same.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    So, I have a question about upping your calories. If you/when up your calories do you still eat back your exercise calories or not?
    You eat whatever number MFP gave you to lose weight, that number does not figure any exercise. Then you see what calories you burned durning your workout, add the two together, which MFP does for you when to enter your workouts. Now try to eat as close to that number as possible.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    Monday hits week 4 for me. I think on Monday after I weigh in I'm going to up my cals from 1200 to 1400 and see if that makes a difference for the next month.
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey there

I read your post and you really made me think about my calories intake. So I went in and set for more calories because I was eating between 1000-1200 and been have not lost anything for 3 weeks except a little bit this morning. A friend of mine raised her calories a few weeks ago and she is losing more too. Thank you for the advice:smile:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    How do you know how to up your calories? I'm at 1200 and have a desk job. So I'm wondering if I up them, how much I should and how to reflect that in MFP?

I have a desk job as well, and work at home. You want to use your base number as the TDEE (whatever that stands for) and then subtract 500 to get a good amount of daily calories to eat.