shot of vinegar anyone!?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
i read somewhere if you take a shot of vinegar it detoxifies the liver making your liver functioning better to eliminate fat anyone else hear of this before?

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Not really read much on that, but I remember years ago we used to get a cone of chips with vinegar on them. The vinegar would be at the bottom of the cone and we would drink it down like a shot. Burnt your throat lol. Won't do it again though.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've heard it, but I cannot speak to it's efficacy.

However, if you intend to add vinegar to your diet, make sure you dilute it with water as the acidity is not good for your teeth or esophagus.
  • mykahlio1
    mykahlio1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it but if it works then I'm totally up for it
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Try Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. I have been drinking it for a month now, and it fixes a lot of things.
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    ya i took a shot of it straight one day and it did burn i will dilute it next time lol!
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I would lose weight by doing this because I would throw up! LOL. I do add about a shot of lemon juice (bottled) to my water. This is supposed to help your digestive system and it seams to work (girgle girgle).
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Try Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. I have been drinking it for a month now, and it fixes a lot of things.

How much are you drinking and what positive effects has it had?
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar just make sure its organic and unfiltered. it helps with the digestion process :) i take about 2 tablespoons a day.
  • aw62101
    aw62101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've read benefits of raw apple cider vinegar. Here's a link I've saved about it...I will say that I tried it with water and I couldn't do it. I'd have to take a 'shot' of it to get it over with. :)

might help if I actually add the link. lol http://www.delightedmomma.com/2011/08/skin-care-tip-of-week-many-benefits-of.html
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options

Has it helped your weight loss? I heard a few people here say they are doing it and they've dropped lbs.
  • AndreaDaPrincess
    AndreaDaPrincess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    BRAGG ORGANIC RAW-UNFILTERED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (with the mother) Do a search on the internet of all the benefits. You will be amazed. Krogers carries it and I think you can buy it at health food stores. Its about 4 dollars for 32 fluid oz.
  • diashurst
    Options
    I once knew someone who included Vinegar in his diet and he said that it worked. If I remember correctly, he stated that it must be 'Cider Vinegar'. Cant say that I have used this as part of my diet, so I cannot confirm if it really does work.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I've never read that, but I :heart: vinegar, so I'd be crazy enough to try it for fun
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Raw cider vinegar has enzymes that help the body digest fat. There are a couple Japanese studies that support this. It's good for the body in a similar way that yogurt and other probiotics or fermented foods are.

I mix it with water and just drink it like medicine. It's also not bad mixed with veggie juice. Of course you can dress a salad with it.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/news/20090622/vinegar-may-aid-in-fat-loss
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    You mix 2 tsp. with 2 tsp. of honey and 8 oz. of warm water, twice a day. I have not taken a pill for my GURD in over a month. It helps with joint pain also.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I think I would lose weight by doing this because I would throw up! LOL. I do add about a shot of lemon juice (bottled) to my water. This is supposed to help your digestive system and it seams to work (girgle girgle).

this.

changes the Ph levels of your stomach and you'll feel real sick and eventually throw up if you keep drinking

it does cause weight loss though, you just don't need much
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar#Diet_control
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have heard if you add a couple of drops of vinegar to water regularly that works too - and slices of lemon. But if you decide to try it let us know if it works!
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
    I've heard it works. But only apple cider vinegar. Eating lemon peel also works apparently.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've heard about this also. I think there are certain stars that do the vinegar shot daily if I remember right.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I take a couple each morning in tablet forrm - Apple cider vinegar tablets.