How often do you weigh in?

Options
Just curious on what others do. Do you weigh yourself everyday to monitor your weight loss and then just log it in once a week. Or do you weigh yourself everyday and then log it in everyday? Or do you just weigh yourself once a week and then log it in? I weigh myself daily to stay on top of my weight loss but normally only log it once a week on the day i started this.

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself anytime I am near a scale. I don't have a working one at home. It says I weigh 70 less than I really do. If I see a gain honestly I am not logging it. Since I don't have a home scale I can't weigh myself befor eating or drinking. I only record it if its showing a loss.
  • jennblack23
    Options
    haha..i'm kind of like you i weigh myself everyday..sometimes several times a day, just for fun, like before and after i pee..lol..but yeah i only record it once a week..i wish i could go a whole week without checking everyday, cause then if there's a loss, it will seem bigger :)
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh myself three times a day - in the morning before i get dressed, in the aafternoon when i get home from work and just before I go to bed. I'm always curious about how my weight fluctuates during the day.

I haven't been here a week yet, but I will post my weight once a week, gain or lose, Probably using the morning weight - that's generally the lowest.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    If you do a search, you will find LOTS of info/opinions about this. I weigh daily (when I am home), but it is truly a PERSONAL choice. Daily keeps ME accountable.....for others, it is weekly or monthly or not at all. You just need to find what works for you!
    Kaye
  • florange323
    florange323 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates daily from a few ounces to as much as 3 pounds when I'm on my cycle for had a lot of sodium. I now weigh in once a month.
  • mrssmith636
    mrssmith636 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week or sometimes I might sneak in one extra weigh in, in the middle of the week. Weighing everyday would just drive me crazy.
  • NipsGhost
    NipsGhost Posts: 46
    Options
    I only weight myself once a week. I don't want to see the ups and downs daily, I want the whole enchilada all at once. At the end of the week when I weigh in, even if I gained, I'll add it in. No sense being serious about this if you can't be honest with yourself as well. I also take my measurements weekly. If I see a weight no-loss or gain, but lose inches it makes me happy.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a day, in the morning just before I hop in the shower. I sometimes step on the scale at other times when I'm in the bathroom, just to see how much fluctuation there is throughout the course of the day, but I don't log those values.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    About 2-3 times a week, keeps me motivated more when I see a bigger loss...
  • nancycsel
    nancycsel Posts: 47
    Options
    I just put my scale away yesterday... I was becoming a bit obsessed and weighing myself several times a day. I am only going to weigh myself 2 times a week and log it once a week.
  • mamarupp
    mamarupp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started making myself crazy weighing everyday with the fluctuations, so I stick to once a week. Do whatever works best for you!
  • kmaas802
    kmaas802 Posts: 19
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, before a shower and after I work out. That's when I seem to weigh the least!
  • abeachlady
    Options
    I never weigh in. I don't want it to be about the numbers.
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    every couple days but I only log my weight on MFP 1 x a week, usually thur/fri mornings.
  • natalie7015
    natalie7015 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday first thing in the morning, but I have only been logging it when I show a loss. I was doing it so I would log every Tuesday, but now that I have lost weight sometimes it's a month before I show another loss, so I just post when I lose.
  • Crystal_LeeDee
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning when I first get up. I know the scale will fluctuate, guess it's just out of habit/curiosity. I write down my daily weigh ins in a notepad, just to take a peek at the fluctuations, but only really pay attention to Friday morning weight.
  • jasharp021
    jasharp021 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    once a week. i try to make sure it is the same day and same time (mornings). i also take into account if I worked out the night before and type of meal I had as I know that can throw off the numbers some. as long as it's not +/- 5lbs, i know I'm on track
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Just usually once a weekI just started weighing inthough since I joined the sight I try not to go by the scale I try to go by how I fell and how my clothes feel when I tell my friends and people at the gym how much I weight they are schocked becasue I carry it so well and have a lot of muscle tone from working out so often
    If I could just get rid of my belly :explode:
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Only once a week in the morning and in the nude. I think weighing throughout the day and after a workout is inaccurate, so morning it is after I use the bathroom.
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Ever single day twice a day, Once in the morning and once before bed, to see how what I have eaten that dave has affected my weight throughout the day..... I do not log a loss or a gain, unless I have had both for at least 3 days.... then I feel okay to log it.. Id rather not log it than have to log a gain in a few days.... !!!!