Who Moved My Cheese

Options
Ok, so normally I am not the inspirational type. I am more of a lurker on a message board not a poster. That being said, I want to share with you a book I just read. It is called Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson M.D. I had to read it for one of my accounting classes that I am taking. It has nothing to do with numbers or anything like that. It is a book about change. How some people are resistant to change, slow to change or right on top of it. I know myself that change is hard for me even if it is for the best.

For example: I am limiting myself to one soda a week as a treat. I love soda. I don't really like the idea of giving it up but I know it is the best thing for me. This is a change. I have been resistant to this change for YEARS. I know that I will not obtain my goal of weight loss (my cheese) if I do not change this food habit.

This book is a very simple read. It is about 100 pages and it is told as a parable. It really helped me open my eyes to what needs to change in order to obtain some of my goals that I was having trouble with.

Ok, that is it. I just wanted to share because I thought it was going to be a pointless book that I was being made to read for a class and it turned out to be a eye opening, life altering book that I feel compelled to share with others.

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this myself, but I have heard lots of good things about it :)
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It is a great book and a very quick read.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I read that back in high school, great book. Really gives you a new outlook on life. Might have to read it again!