30 Day Shred opinions?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    How are you guys getting through Level 2? I am so exhausted! My shoulders also hurt--I'm afraid I'm not using good form on my planks. Should my arms be straight down from my shoulders? I tend to lean into them...

This is me too! My shoulders kill!

I find level 2 to be easier than 1 because of my core strength I gained by doing pilates. You should be trying really hard to engage your core and legs and not put all the pressure on your arms. But after saying this, I am also very small chested and I think that could make a difference for people. If you have "em" then I am sure it is harder on the arms.
  • meggersd
    meggersd Posts: 55
    Options
    I love it! I loved it so much I went and bought Ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack AND thigh and butt burner. I do it in the mornings and then do I gym session at night. It has given me so much energy and I feel stronger. Not necessarily lost loads of weight or have had a huge transformation but I feel confident and my body feels better!! DO IT AND ENJOY!!
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I say do it! I just did day 9 on level 1, and although I can't say I can see a difference, I can feel that I have more muscles and I feel much stronger. After reading that heaps of people tend to put on some weight in the beginning of the 30DS, or even not lose much over the whole course of the program I decided to not weigh myself until the very end, as I fear it might be demotivating. But, it's a tough work-out! As with any other exercise you do, it's as hard as you make it! I've noticed that I've put more effort in for everyday I do it, trying to push myself to get better every day.

One downside is that it can be a little rough on the knees. I've only slightly noticed that, nothing too bad though.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I lost like 1 pound over the 30 days, but lost 6 inches off my waist. I did take a week off in there because I was sick, so it took me five weeks to finish it. I also went down 2 pants sizes.

I've followed it up with Ripped, which I highly recommend. At first I started Ripped and was like "This is easy", but level 4 is kicking my tush (when I really put forth effort into working hard and doing it right, anyway!)

I highly recommend it. It's changed my body drastically. As lame as it sounds, it does get a bit frustrating through because you are changing it so fast that you buy new clothes and then hate the way they fit you a few weeks later. I guess that's a good thing, but I'm really struggling with shirts that look decent!
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I loved it!!! I saw awesome results!

4dc62796.jpg
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've bought the Dvd and am currently having tests for ra. Personally I have problems with my wrists and hands so found the Dvd was not suitable. There's a few exercises where you need to put your weight on your hands such as press ups. Also I was worried about the impact on my joints doing jumping jacks which also feature a lot in it. Think I'll stick with my swimming. It all depends how much your joints are effected.
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Don't delay, get it right away :happy:
    I did it for 30 straight days and have started over for a 2nd round and mix it in a couple times a week with my cardio to keep up the strength training.
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 9/ Level1 and I am weighing in tomorrow & taking measurements. (Im a little nervous) I feel great & I KNOW ive lost some inches. I praying for some loss in pounds because I have been working harking since I started the 30DS on 3/1. I will complete this challenge. As others have said PURCHASE it! Julian is a BEAST & she will get your body right!.

HOWEVER, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE STRETCH AFTER EACH WORKOUT!! Take time to stretch & get your mucles ready for the next day & you should be fine to complete the program. :wink:
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I am thinking about doing it again. I am 61 and thought it was easy at all levels. I did it twice daily. You can do the modified workouts or the advanced. It is short and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Well worth it!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    You are my Hero!!! Look at you! I am 50 and just ordered it yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options

4dc62796.jpg

WOW! your results are absolutely amazing!! Well done!
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options

4dc62796.jpg

OMG!! thanks for posting pic! OUTSTANDING!!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes, I loved it.
  • levi0823
    levi0823 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have tried level one. It is a good workout and you can definitely feel the effects. My only complaint is that there is a lot of jumping which for me is hard on my knees. If you don't have any knee (or shoulder issues), I would say to go for it.

This! I was injury free after 1 year of running. About halfway through the shred I injured my right knee on the lunges. It's still messed up (over a month later) so I've dropped the shred altogether. It's a great workout, but can be rough on the joints.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I have to sayI have only lost .6 lbs from 20 days of this dvd, I did 10days on level 1 and 10days on level 2, I start level 3 today....I have lost a few inches in my arms, legs, and hips but not my belly. It is very hard on the knees, I had to not do it for two days because level 2 killed my knees. But for 20mins it's worth it. If you are only trying to lose about 5-10lbs than its not worth it. It seems to be better on "biggeR" ppl for weight loss. More inches loss than anything
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I loved it! I am thinking about doing it again. I am 61 and thought it was easy at all levels. I did it twice daily. You can do the modified workouts or the advanced. It is short and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Well worth it!

11613466.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

You madam are my hero.
  • DuChene2012
    DuChene2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels, even have a few of her DVDs. She can be extreme and hard-core, but hard-core is what suits me. The 30-Day Shred is an EXCELLENT DVD. I also have Chris Freytag's "Kickstart Your Metabolism" DVD. I kickbox for a few of my weekly routines, and I have to say that this is a better DVD than some of Jillian's, plus you can pick and choose which segments to do each day (I do them all!). I hope you like Jillian!