Jillian Michaels DVDS

Options
Ok so I ADORE Jillian and want to start collecting some of her dvds. Tell me everyone what is your favorite dvd of Jillian's and why ????

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hey you!!

Ok, so I already told you about her Kickboxing and why I think you will love it but I adore all things Jillian and have most of her DVD's.

My all time favorite is No More Trouble Zones. It's 55 minutes with the warm up and cool down and it focuses on every trouble spot imaginable. I feel sore all over after ...in a good way. :) I also like that it's light on cardio (really only has cardio in the workout) and mostly is strength training.

I aslo really enjoyed Extreme Shed and Shred. It is different than her normal routines with lots of new moves and it throws in kickboxing in jujitsu (not sure how to spell that). There are two workouts and she wants you to do both which I think together total a little over an hour. I did both and she almost killed me...but again in a good way.

Ripped in 30 is my favorite program of hers (although I really would love to try her new Body Revolution). In my opinion it is much better than 30 Day Shred. Better strength training and just tougher overall. And I like there are 4 levels not 3 because I get bored quickly doing the same thing every day.

I am not a huge fan of Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism but that is just because it's 55 minutes (with warm up/cool down) of pure, unstoppin cardio. I am cool with 20 minutes of cardio but 55 is a bit much for me. But, I'm a cardio wimp so if that is your thing you would probably adore this one.

Yoga Meltdown is my least favorite of her dvds but just because I found it kind of boring. I did it once and haven't been motivated to pop it back in so far.

I only did 6 week 6 pack one last year and although I remember liking it I also didn't do it again. But, I wasn't so into exercise then. Now I'm ready to give it a try again maybe tomorrow afternoon so I'll let you know.

And Killer buns and thighs still sits in it's wrapper so I need to try that one soon!

Hope that helps!! :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have seven of her DVDs -

30 Day Shred
    Ripped in 30
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    6 Week Six-Pack
    Killer Buns & Thighs
    Yoga Meltdown
    Shred It With Weights

Have also tried No More Trouble Zones (checked it out from my library) & loved it, and am wanting to buy that one, as well as the new Kickbox FastFix & want to try/buy Extreme Shed & Shred.

Love the 30DS & RI30 for the great workout in just 20 minutes. 6 Week Six-Pack is one of my favorites and I usually alternate that one with any of the others during the week, good core workout and great cardio. Killer Buns & Thighs is just that - awesome workout, but haven't been doing it lately because I took up running with the c25k program and don't want to overwork my poor legs! LOL Yoga Meltdown is my go-to weekend morning workout when I've pushed hard all week and need something more low-key. Not a huge calorie burn there, but great for balance & stretching, and it's Jillian so of course there are some strength moves in there! Shred It With Weights is my least fave, I don't know why. I don't have kettle bells, but you can do it with regular dumbbells, which I did. Haven't done it in over a year, so I suppose I should try it again.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I just ordered Shred it with weights and I'm going to do it with a dumbell too. I've heard mixed reviews on it but it was only $7.99 shipped from Amazon so I figured I'd see what I thought and complete my collection. I'll definitely have to give 6 week 6 pack and killer buns and thighs a whirl soon...