New and changing Goals?

Options
e_NV_y
e_NV_y Posts: 100 Member
I just realized recently that I have a new goal of being able to Run. I never have been much of a runner my whole life and never really enjoyed it or wanted to enjoy it for that matter. lol. Ive noticed on my weight loss journey that my knees are not the greatest so running at my weight might be a little to much for them right now but eventually I would love to just Run.. be it on a treadmill or outside... So that is my New goal.. which a year ago I would never thought I would want to do.. haha.

Whats yours? Any new goals?

Replies

• e_NV_y
    Options
    I guess I should add I would love to run for at least 30 mins straight or do the mix of running/walking for an hour. Just being able to Run in general! lol
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I just realized recently that I have a new goal of being able to Run. I never have been much of a runner my whole life and never really enjoyed it or wanted to enjoy it for that matter. lol. Ive noticed on my weight loss journey that my knees are not the greatest so running at my weight might be a little to much for them right now but eventually I would love to just Run.. be it on a treadmill or outside... So that is my New goal.. which a year ago I would never thought I would want to do.. haha.

That's a great goal to have, when I started running a few years ago I did it because I knew it was good for me. I was absolutely amazed when I found that I really enjoyed it.

My new goal revolves around chin ups, I suck at them. Haven't got a fixed number in mind yet maybe 10 or 12 without expiring.....
  • e_NV_y
    Options

That's a great goal to have, when I started running a few years ago I did it because I knew it was good for me. I was absolutely amazed when I found that I really enjoyed it.

My new goal revolves around chin ups, I suck at them. Haven't got a fixed number in mind yet maybe 10 or 12 without expiring.....

I would love to do a chin up! maybe that will be my next crazy goal after i run.... I actually hung from the chin up bar thing at the gym the other day and tried to pull myself up.. but just ended up hanging there wiggling! haha.. One day... one day. :)
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options

You should really try the couch 2 5k program. It helped me be able to run 30+ mins at a time
  • e_NV_y
    Options

You should really try the couch 2 5k program. It helped me be able to run 30+ mins at a time

Thanks! what exactly is that??
  • e_NV_y
    Options

I just Googled Couch-2-5k (good ole google ;)) anyways I think when my knee starts feeling better im going to start this!! I think I can actually do it... Thanks!! :)

This is what I read:
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml