Chicken Drumstick recipes???

Hello -- I recently discovered that chicken drumsticks are very inexpensive (and "Dark-meat poultry is significantly lower in fat than red meat yet has all the iron, zinc, and B vitamins that women need in their diets" -- less the skin)... anyone have any good recipes?

I love to grill, so any healthy marinades would be great. But I'm in MN, with the current temp dipping below zero, so baked recipes would be welcomed also.

Replies

• Hello -- I recently discovered that chicken drumsticks are very inexpensive (and "Dark-meat poultry is significantly lower in fat than red meat yet has all the iron, zinc, and B vitamins that women need in their diets" -- less the skin)... anyone have any good recipes?

I love to grill, so any healthy marinades would be great. But I'm in MN, with the current temp dipping below zero, so baked recipes would be welcomed also.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    go to sparkrecipes.com and look up drumsticks they have at least 5 recipes for drumsticks with nutrional values set, my other favorite recipe site is allrecipes.com
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    ROASTED DRUMSTICKS AND VEGETABLES

8 chicken drumsticks
    1.5 lbs white potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters (or smaller)
    1 lb carrots, cut into 2" pieces (or use the "baby" carrots)
    2 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1" pieces (or use sweet potatoes)
    2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
    4 cloves of garlic, minced
    2 tbsp oil
    1 tbsp Italian seasoning
    1.5 tsp salt
    1 tsp ground black pepper

Oven to 425 degrees

mix all ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat evenly. Pour onto 2 rimmed baking sheets (cookie sheets with sides) and arrange into a single layer. Roast, switching positions of pans and turning the vegetables halfway through, for 45-50 minutes until the chicken is cooked thoroughly and the vegetables are tender.

Serves 4
    649 cals each svg
    41 g protein
    74 g carbohydrates
    11 g fiber
    22 g fat (5 g saturated fat)
    139 mg cholesterol
    1088 mg sodium
  • Thanks for the recommendations - I'll give the website and roasted drumstick a try. Sounds like plenty of tasty chicken in my future!