Zumba Shoes Recomendation

Options
2»

Replies

• ValerieStokes
    Options
    I actually used regular athletic shoes when I first started Zumba and ended up spaining my knee because of it. Now I wear Capezio Women's Rockit Dance Sneakers. They work well and slide on the floor nicely. You just have to get used to the lack of traction. My sites will tell you to order one size up (because dance shoes do run a bit small) but I would just do a half size. I did a full size, and they are a bit too big.
  • vegetatwelve
    Options
    It is very important to get the right type of shoes for Zumba. Proper shoes make all the difference.
  • Jamierflees
    Jamierflees Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This thread is great! I've been wondering about this for sometime as I do 3-4 Zumba classes a week. Does anyone have a pair of women's size 9 Zumba shoes they want to sell/get rid of? My Sketchers are huge and clunky and are not cutting it.
  • GarethChapman
    Options
    I think these are some of the best zumba shoes at the moment:
    - Zumba's own - Z-kicks II
    - Reebok dance ( these are high tops)
    - Bloch Boost - split soled
    - Ryka Synergy, Studio D, Transition, Influence, Downbeat & Exertion
    - Capezio DS24 & DS11 - split soled
    - Bloch Amalgam
    - Nike Free 5.0 (these are really running shoes but are very similar to Z-Kicks in that they're so light weight, but you need to watch your side step at first to make sure your don't trip)
    - Puma Janine
    - Nike Musique

You'll want something with a pivot spot on the sole so you can twist without hurting your knees.

If you haven't dont much high impact cardio like running you'll probably want a fair amount of cushioning to stop getting sore soles, shin splints and sore hip from the impact...the cushioning comes with a trade off that the shoes will be bigger and bulkier, but then as you strengthen your legs you'll be able to move to something lighter with less cushioning.

The ones with split sole let you flex your feet but if you haven't got much dance experience or done anything previously to train your feet you may find they don't give enough arch support and you'll end up with sore arches after class.

Take a look on http://easybuypal.com/best/zumba-shoes/ to see a list you can filter based on your specific needs