Ouch

Options
One of the main motivators for me is that if I reduce my weight, especially my belly fat, there will be less strain on my SI joint (where the sciatic nerve runs through), and less pain. After losing 25lbs (yay me! but more to go) I have to say it hurts as much as ever! I think I whacked it a bit a couple of weekends ago when we had the grandkids for a weekend. I need a decent chiropractor.

Happy to get any helpful advice, or just a bit of sympathy! :sad: I'm afraid to go to the gym, I know it will hurt, and I wonder if my recent visits to the gym, since whacking it, have only aggravated it further!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Do you do any stretches for it? Mine acts up sometimes, but hasn't sidelined me yet - hope it never does!
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've been trying the recommended stretches, but the one that doesn't hurt doesn't seem to do any good, and the one that does hurt really hurts! so, not really. :embarassed:
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    I would see an osteopath, not a chiropractor. Waaaaay much better. Mine did miracles for my shoulder and I can train five times a week without any pain now.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a good chiropractor, they are worth their weight in gold
  • hippychickuk
    hippychickuk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Right, I've made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon at a chiropractic/physiotherapy clinic!