Leftover yolks?

Options
Usually I eat the whole egg, but today I thought I would try an egg white omelette. It was yummy! But now what should I do with those leftover yolks??? Can I bake something with just the yolks?

Replies

• ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's why I buy egg creations liquid egg whites. I just hate to waste food.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I make eggs I cook them till the yolks are hard. I usually give them to my dog because it is supposed to help with there coat. Maybe 2 a week. I'm sure you can make something with the yolks but i'm pretty sure it won't be healthy
  • dixiecup19
    dixiecup19 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ha I just give them to my dog, she loves them!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    oh yea i add them to my kids eggs lol
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Make some Hollandiase to put over some nice spring asparagus or some steamed broccoli!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Dogs love them :P
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Give it to your dog if you have one. Its great for there skin and coats
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

But, it's more expensive to do it that way.

You can always collect them and make a custard.
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    there's lots of recipes but they are all bad for you! pudding, mayonnaise, aioli, alredo sauce... not too many diet friendly options :-)
    i also give them to my dogs, though.
  • Justforgetthis
    Options
    I give them to my dog and cat!
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    my mom used to put egg yolks on my head when i was a kid to condition my hair. perhaps give yourself a weird yolk spa treatment?

http://www.dailyglow.com/articles/43/hair-care-through-egg.html
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    We have chickens, so I have no need to buy egg whites ;-D

Plus, I tried egg whites from a carton years ago and I broke out in hives and got a terrible headache. I'm allergic to a bunch of antibiotics which are often given to stockyard animals, which is why we started raising our own :-(

I hadn't thought of giving them to the dogs, what a great idea!!
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    use it for your hair or give it to your dogs
  • skylarlburke
    Options
    Egg yolks are a natural moisturizer. I make a facial mask out of mine. (:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options

But, it's more expensive to do it that way.

You can always collect them and make a custard.

Not sure where your from but a carton of egg beaters is like 2.99 that's 2cups of egg whites or 16 eggs for most brands. An 18 pack of eggs 3.49 or more depending on when you buy them
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue, as we also have chickens.

I've been using the yolks to help bind the bread crumbs and seasoning to my turkey meat when making burgers, but I never really thought to also share them with my dog! Glad I came here

I've also used the yokes as a hair mask in conjunction with olive oil before and it seemed to work
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Make some Hollandiase to put over some nice spring asparagus or some steamed broccoli!

That sounds yummy! But I also add them to vanilla protein powder and almond milk, and add cinnamon and nutmeg for an eggnog smoothie.
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    The carton egg whites you buy, are they organic? Also, how do you feed the yolks to your dogs? I know my lab would :heart: me for it !!!
  • original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Might sound like a stupid question.. But to everyone who said you feed them to your dogs; do you cook them or feed them raw?