Pieces of paper prove nothing

Options
13»

Replies

• jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    But everyone knows the unicorns became extinct because of crapping out rainbows.

Rainbows are big. Things tore.

:laugh:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    In my opinion a degree does mean something greater than "had enough money to pay for college". Sure there are some idiots with degrees who tell you crap and just smoked pot and cheated their way through college but there are plenty of people who earned there degrees and do have a large knowledge base in their area of study.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I completely agree. I'm an LPN and I've worked with stupid as hell RN's and stupid as hell Doctors. The fact that you have a degree doesn't impress me. Prove to me that you have a brain and are able to use it and not just memorize facts.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Well that's just embarrassing.

Edit: I guess there are dummies in every field. Some of the best nutrition advice I have read comes from Michael Pollan, a journalist with no nutrition degree.

I can assure you I'm an excellent dietitian :)

Michael Pollan also keeps his advice very simple, because a) eating should be simple and b) the concept of "just eat real food" is impossible to argue with
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Well I'm an RD with a specialty certification in Nutrition Support, so I AM considered an expert in the field and I DO know what I'm talking about... but I usually avoid internet nutrition debates because even though I know what I'm talking about, if someone is convinced of their junk science, logic and facts do precious little to change their minds.

"I can't come to bed yet! Someone is wrong on the internet!"

See that's the sort of thing I was railing against. The idea that "Yer fancy degree don't mean nothin'! I read this on Wikerpedian!"
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

Michael Pollan also keeps his advice very simple, because a) eating should be simple and b) the concept of "just eat real food" is impossible to argue with

Bingo. How can he go wrong with that?? LOL. Genius.