New to Boards but OLD to MFP

Options
Hey everyone. I must be a dork because I have been a member of MFP since October 2008 when my son was born and just NOW found the community:ohwell: . LOL I know it was a short bus moment. Now that I found this place I am even more excited about this site. I have always loved this site, tracking my food consumption, work outs and now BLOGGING. I mean it can't get any better then this...UNLESS, the creator also made a magic button that instantly sheds 20 pounds! I WOULD LOVE THIS SITE FOR LIFE!

A little bit about myself: I am 25 years old and a new mom to a 6 month old baby boy. My husband is a fitness freak and before I had my son I worked out constantly. I gained over 50 pounds while pregnant and have had the worst time trying to balance motherhood with selfhood. LOL. No time for me. I have managed to lose over 30 pounds but still have lots to go to be comfortable with myself and FIT! I am realistic in kowing that it ain't happening over night (no matter how much I pray) so I am just taking my time and sticking with it.

I run and currently addicted to Beach Body products. I have done the HHA (Hip Hop ABS) currently on Turbo Jam and just started P90X...yesterday. I am excited to about the potential of this program and am doing my best at hanging in there.

Feel free to chat me up any time.

I wish you all the best in your fitness journey and pray that you will be sucessful. Cheers!:drinker: with cups of water of course.

Replies

• jrs_lovely1
    jrs_lovely1 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey everyone. I must be a dork because I have been a member of MFP since October 2008 when my son was born and just NOW found the community:ohwell: . LOL I know it was a short bus moment. Now that I found this place I am even more excited about this site. I have always loved this site, tracking my food consumption, work outs and now BLOGGING. I mean it can't get any better then this...UNLESS, the creator also made a magic button that instantly sheds 20 pounds! I WOULD LOVE THIS SITE FOR LIFE!

A little bit about myself: I am 25 years old and a new mom to a 6 month old baby boy. My husband is a fitness freak and before I had my son I worked out constantly. I gained over 50 pounds while pregnant and have had the worst time trying to balance motherhood with selfhood. LOL. No time for me. I have managed to lose over 30 pounds but still have lots to go to be comfortable with myself and FIT! I am realistic in kowing that it ain't happening over night (no matter how much I pray) so I am just taking my time and sticking with it.

I run and currently addicted to Beach Body products. I have done the HHA (Hip Hop ABS) currently on Turbo Jam and just started P90X...yesterday. I am excited to about the potential of this program and am doing my best at hanging in there.

Feel free to chat me up any time.

I wish you all the best in your fitness journey and pray that you will be sucessful. Cheers!:drinker: with cups of water of course.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the boards!
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options
    GTOgirl: Thanks for the welcome. I am really excited about these boards.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to the boards. Congrats on the 36 pounds you have already lost and good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options
    hello and welcome to the boards. Congrats on the 36 pounds you have already lost and good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the welcome. I see that you have scripture under your ticker which is always good to see. I just wrote a blog that you may like. When you can check it out.

Thanks again.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, how do you like the Turbo Jam, is it great, or is it hype with skinny fitness gurus in tiny leotards?
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, how do you like the Turbo Jam, is it great, or is it hype with skinny fitness gurus in tiny leotards?

LOL. I think it's great but you have to be a special type of person to like it. Chalene is not for everyone. She is like a cheerleader on crack that drinks too much coffee and doesn't eat enough food either LOL. But if you are motivated and like aerobic style fast pace dancing centered around kick boxing then you will love it.

Thanks for the welcome.
  • czewwhat
    Options

LOL. I think it's great but you have to be a special type of person to like it. Chalene is not for everyone. She is like a cheerleader on crack that drinks too much coffee and doesn't eat enough food either LOL. But if you are motivated and like aerobic style fast pace dancing centered around kick boxing then you will love it.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm wondering if dancing around in my living room to music I really love would do the same thing, without the 60 bucks to Chalene. No offense of course.
  • jrs_lovely1
    Options

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm wondering if dancing around in my living room to music I really love would do the same thing, without the 60 bucks to Chalene. No offense of course.

I feel ya but I don't think you will get the same results. Her program triggers different muscles because it is centered around kick boxing. I think she throws in the dancing to increase the cardio aspect as well as hyping it up some. TJ sculps you where I think dancing would just burn. Either way I know you will get a good work out during either. If you are interested and want to try go the buck saving route and order from Amazon or Ebay.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Welcome to the community! Lots of people on here doing BeachBody workouts!
  • czewwhat
    Options

Thanks for the welcome.

I feel ya but I don't think you will get the same results. Her program triggers different muscles because it is centered around kick boxing. I think she throws in the dancing to increase the cardio aspect as well as hyping it up some. TJ sculps you where I think dancing would just burn. Either way I know you will get a good work out during either. If you are interested and want to try go the buck saving route and order from Amazon or Ebay.

Good Idea, why didnt I think of that, that way If I hate it, I can just list it and get back the cash! you are so smart!:flowerforyou:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! I am fairly new myself. I LOVE turbo jam and am thinking about getting the hip hop abs. I am "watching" a few on ebay right now. :happy: Good luck to you on the rest of your journey! :drinker: