Sizzlin Summer Slimdown 05.05.09

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
So Happy Tuesday--Happy Cinco De Mayo, everyone - it's gonna be a great rainy day! We need the rain in the South so I am glad to see it - everything is so green and healthy looking - gotta love spring time!!

I officially joined the gym that's a couple minutes from the house yesterday - I started to pay up front for the year but decided that the monthly reminder when it is drafted will be a good - don't forget to go to the gym reminder....still don't trust myself....

Took the Group Power (strength training) last night - WOW - I feel it today - I added 1KG to each side and what a difference....my shoulders and arms are like jelly, my butt cheeks are still burning - Gotta love it - no pain no gain - right...

So I need help learning to count yesterday was day 14 of 30 - 16 more to go....when is this challenge ending????

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    So Happy Tuesday--Happy Cinco De Mayo, everyone - it's gonna be a great rainy day! We need the rain in the South so I am glad to see it - everything is so green and healthy looking - gotta love spring time!!

I officially joined the gym that's a couple minutes from the house yesterday - I started to pay up front for the year but decided that the monthly reminder when it is drafted will be a good - don't forget to go to the gym reminder....still don't trust myself....

Took the Group Power (strength training) last night - WOW - I feel it today - I added 1KG to each side and what a difference....my shoulders and arms are like jelly, my butt cheeks are still burning - Gotta love it - no pain no gain - right...

So I need help learning to count yesterday was day 14 of 30 - 16 more to go....when is this challenge ending????
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! :flowerforyou:

Yesterday I stayed good on my calories, and even trued a new workout that I heard about from the biggest loser...
    take a deck of cards and start flipping them over. clubs are squats, spades are lunges, hearts push ups and diamonds sit ups. you use the number on the card as the number of reps, face cards are 10 and aces are 1 minute rest. whew! it sounds a lot easier than it is!! i finished in just under 22 mins and burned 209 calories according to my hrm! definitely worked up a sweat and am feeling it today!! :laugh: :laugh:

No exercise today, but i am at 15/30-- half way there!! Chrissy, the challenge ends on May 22.

So far i'm down 2 lbs for the challenge- so 7 more lbs and 15 days of exercise! here we go! :drinker: :drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Shanna - you are working hard - keep it up!!

The card workout sounds fun - I'll have to try it on a day when I need some quick strength...
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm back!!

I took a few weeks off and I'm glad to say I only gained like 3 lbs. I know that sounds like a lot but if you could see what I have been eating you would understand why I'm not upset by the gain.
    I had to quit jazzercise because it was just too far of a drive. I am waiting for the new class to start up by my house and then I will rejoin.

When does this challenge end?

I know I probably won't make my goal but at least I am back at it!!!

Memaw
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Welcome back!!!!
    Ends May 22 (- thanks Shannah)
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options

thanks chrissy! you are workin' it too!!c:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    Options

thanks chrissy! you are workin' it too!!c:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    We are aren't we - we ROCK!!!! :glasses:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Mornin ladies

Went over on my cals yesterday plus no workout, but the weather was so nasty here I did not want ot stray to far from my DH. (Yes the thunder scared me, it shook the whole house):blushing: . Back at it again. I am going to redo my goals today. I know I will not make it for this challange but I want to be at 160 by 6/12 when I go see my family up north.

Hope yall have a great day.:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    smadag - go get 'em today.

set your goals for you - if you're goal by 6/12 is 160 then you could have a mini goal to meet by this challenge.

This is all about us - all about making choices that improve our overall health and well being - let's make the choices that we know are the right ones!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    You just gave me a great idea. I might not make a weight lose goal but I am going to make a eating healthy goal. We have 19 days left of this challange I am going to aim for healthy eating under and under my cals for 17of 19 days starting today:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    You just gave me a great idea. I might not make a weight lose goal but I am going to make a eating healthy goal. We have 19 days left of this challange I am going to aim for healthy eating under and under my cals for 17of 19 days starting today:drinker:
    That's a great idea - everything you do is something to be proud of!
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Congrats on all the hardwork going around! :flowerforyou:

I finished 11/30 exercise days yesterday - wow...doesn't look like i'll be meeting that goal, but I wont give up on it. One day at a time!

I know this challenge 'ends' on May 22 - but I'll probably continue on until June 5, right before my friend's wedding. But I'm definitely in for whatever the next one may be.

Happy Cinco de Mayo - let's add an extra 5 minutes of workout today!! :wink: I will try!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, i had a pretty good weekend, didnt go over calories, til we had birthday cake last night for my mom, but it was a special occasion, and who can really say no to Italian Rum cake??? lol

I was planning on exercising tonight, but my sister in law went into labor instead, so now I have to go see my new nephew instead!! i'm an aunt again! YAY me!! (maybe i'll just take the stairs in the hospital instead of the elevator).

i'm down 3 lbs so far for this challenge, not sure if i'll make my goal, but i'm gonna keep tryin!! good luck everyone, happy Cinco de Mayo!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Went to the gym on my lunch hour and used elliptical for 40 minutes on level 18 - machine said 8.1 miles, 800 calories - my HRM said like 400 calories - I know it was more than that - so I went in between and used what MFP showed.

That's day 15/30 - HALF WAY!!!! I didn't set a weight loss goal - just the exercise goal this time!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Hey ladies, i had a pretty good weekend, didnt go over calories, til we had birthday cake last night for my mom, but it was a special occasion, and who can really say no to Italian Rum cake??? lol

I was planning on exercising tonight, but my sister in law went into labor instead, so now I have to go see my new nephew instead!! i'm an aunt again! YAY me!! (maybe i'll just take the stairs in the hospital instead of the elevator).

i'm down 3 lbs so far for this challenge, not sure if i'll make my goal, but i'm gonna keep tryin!! good luck everyone, happy Cinco de Mayo!

The stairs is a great idea actually!!
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

The stairs is a great idea actually!!

unfortunately i think she's only on the 2nd floor!!! I'm trying to get out of work early, that way i'll have time to visit and get on the treadmill when i get home!