Where to find Quinoa

Options
Where in the grocery store do you find Quinoa? I've tried the rice and pasta aisle. No joy. :sad:

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    next to the lentils, split peas, barley etc :)
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen it in a regular grocery store. But I have seen it in Costco, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and a co-op here. Get the pre-rinsed kind though otherwise it's a little bitter if you forget to rinse it.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I found it in the healthy food/organic/gluten-free section of my Pick 'n Save store. Good luck!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    For some reason, certain grocery stores only stock it in the organic section.
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bought some at Kroger in the health food/organic food section.
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you have a Publix, they have it in the gluten free section. First time I purchased it though, I had to go to a health food store.
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    I've found it in the organic/ health food department in the grocery. It comes in a bag here. I had to ask for it...easy to miss.
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've found it at Whole foods in the bulk isle. They also sell it at Earthfare. Believe it or not i've seen it sold at walmart in a small box. Depends on where you live.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    At the local regular grocery store it's usually where the rice/lentils are, generally with the couscous and things of that nature.

At the farmer's market grocery store where I shop, it's pretty much in the same place, although with a much larger variety.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I buy it in the bulk food section of my local grocery store.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Safeway is orgaic section, and walmart is usually tucked by the pre packaged rice..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    bump...

Does anyone know what stores carry it?
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    At Harris Teeter/Kroger/Target it's in the same section as the rice/lentils.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    bump...

Does anyone know what stores carry it?
    i usually by mine at costco - ive also seen it at safeway in the gluten free section.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    *shrug* every store near me has it. Even the crappy grocery stores. Maybe it's because I live in a very mixed area outside Boston (lot of cultures cook with this ancient grain)
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Try
    bobsredmill.com

They have a great selection of all sorts of whole grains. i buy many of their products directly from them. And they have Quinoa. Also highly recommended is their Bobs Grande Whole Grain mix.
  • acook104
    acook104 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Walmart has it in the rice/grains section.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I buy it off Amazon. If you do the Subscribe and Save it is free shipping to your house (Subscribe and Save is cancellable at any time, fyi)!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from Costco, but have seen it at the Sprouts Farmer's Market too.
  • aimeerocksx3
    Options
    In Montreal, it's by the rice and beans. It doesn't really look like how I expected it to look, so watch out for that!