Where should I put my tattoo?

13»

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I have only one tattoo now, it's on my right breast and means special/unique

Your right breast may be special, but is it unique? Look a little to the left...whatcha got over there? I'm guessing it's got a very similar sister. ;)

Congrats on your loss, BTW! Fantastic job!
    Nope, it's unique. I actually named the "girls" - the left one has scars on it, so it's called Freddy. The right one, which has the tattoo (which is *sort of* like a mask) is Jason.
    They're unique

:laugh: :laugh:
    Outstanding!!
    Hey, if guys can name their junk, why can't I name my girls, right?
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    <
    I just got one on my left wrist. I like being able to look down and see it. I can also hide it with a watchband if I need to.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Saw someone get something similar on their right shoulder blade. That way you can cover it unless you're wearing a tank top.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    on your front thigh. about 7 inches above your knee. it looks cute when you wear short shorts but its still high enough to hide when you wear dresses. I'm getting one there on my right leg this weekend!
  • CoryIda
    Saw someone get something similar on their right shoulder blade. That way you can cover it unless you're wearing a tank top.
    I live in Tucson. I am wearing a tank top today, and it is still technically winter.

That being said, I think I like the shoulder blade or maybe the top of my back right under my neck ideas best, or maybe the ankle.

I hate feet, so there is no way I am letting someone touch mine for as long as it takes to do a tattoo...
    I can't wear bracelets or watches (they bother me horribly for some reason) so no wrist...
    I actually wouldn't mind a tramp stamp but that symbol wouldn't look right there...
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    i want to get something to signify the "end" of my journey to lose weight....if i get a tummy tuck i'll be getting one and putting it on my newly "flat" hip....if i dont get the tuck i'll get one and put it someone else...i have considered getting a gold star or maybe a symbol of some kind signifying how hard i have worked to go from 263 (highest) to 140-150 my eventual lowest (could be modified once i get where ever i'm going lol)

i like the hip...i have a tramp stamp (lower back above my tush) from before and i like that place too...noone sees but my hubby or my kids lol....sometimes it peaks out if my pants ride down but no one is supposed to see it lol....

good luck and i think it is a great idea....
    denise
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    i have the chinese symbol for "strength" on the inside of my left wrist...it's about the same size as the one you showed and i love it there! it is discreet but can still be seen a bit...i also have some stars and dots - like fairy dust - on the top of my foot and i love that one too...a butterfly on my right ankle - sort of toward the back so you can't really see it from the side - accidental placement but i really love it there...and like others have said, i'd draw on yourself (i know it sounds creepy, but i did it for a while until i was satisfied) or buy those temp tattoos and place them where you think you'd like it...i made my daughter do that for her first couple!

congrats on your weight loss!
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    <<
    Right where I just put mine :) Always liked them right where the neck meets the shoulders. I work in an environment where it needs to be covered up....

Love tattoos but my feelings on them is there are times and places where they are somewhat inappropriate, which is why I put them in places that can be covered if necessary.

Good luck! love the design
  • This won't be popular on this thread, but...don't get another one! Everybody has one or ten these days. I'm kinda sick of seeing them. Be unique and stay ink free. (in your case, be more ink free).

My feelings of this? If you don't like my 14...16....however many tattoos I'm up to now, then don't look at me ;)

To the OP, what type of tattoo is near your breast? Is it kanji as well? If so, perhaps a similar area, but on the other side. One factor of placement...keep in mind if you want to get any other tattoos in the area that you're going to put it. For instance I have my zodiac signs on my forearms close to my...elbow pits? LOL If I ever want to do sleeves or anything like that in the future, I have to keep mind to work those in. Someone mentioned the ribs...Take it from someone who has fairly large tattoos on her ribs on both sides...it sucked really bad. I yelled every obscenity I could think of and made up a few of my own. (And pain doesn't effect me much.) If it's something small, behind the ear is awesome because you can have your hair up or down. I tend to keep most of my tattoos in non-fatty...err let me rephrase... areas that aren't likely to get stretch marks if I get fatter or skinnier. (And that better be skinnier.) Top of the foot is nice, but frequently many people reject ink there...same goes for the wrist. Also, with the wrist you risk high fading due to how technological our generation is....constantly typing on keyboards, etc.
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    If you dont have an idea as to where you want the tattoo placed... then you are not ready to get the tattoo. It show uncertainty. Go to a tattoo shop, have them make you a stencil and place it in different areas of your body. Then you can look at all the stencil marks to help you decide.

This!!! honestly, if u don;t know where you want your tattoo placed, DONT GET IT. It is seriously one of the biggest mistakes people make.. i wanted both my ankles tattooed when i was 18,... i waited a full year to make sure I would still want it in the same place and that I even still wanted it. I am stoked I got it now and waited because I ended up changing it from my wrist to my ankle. My ankle was pretty painful because its all bone, But better then my wrist so I can at least cover it up for work... I have both my shoulder blades, side, ankles, and calves done. And if you looked at me, you wouldn't even be able to tell because I can cover all of them.. idk, I see my tattoos as something meaningful to myself..not something to be flashed around for others. I took a lot of time in figuring out placement, color, and design. The main piece of advice I can give, is just make sure you REALLY want it and REALLY love the place you get it. I like not seeing my tattoos everyday. Because when i actually look and see them in pictures, they are so beautiful and meaningful to me. It makes me so happy that I waited so long and thought about where and when I would get them instead of immediately scarring up my body with something I would have hated in a year. Anyways, good luck!!! I think going to a tattoo shop and having some stencils put on you is a good idea. because honestly, once you see it in a certain place, you'll know!
  • Cimolestes
    Cimolestes Posts: 33 Member
    Double check with someone who knows the language that that symbol means perseverance before you get the tattoo!! For example I have a tattoo that's in latin, but I know it means what it means because it's the motto of a top university, and I trust they know what they're talking about lol

I agree - I knew someone who named an on-line character 'Carpebladus' because he thought it meant 'Seize the blade'. It actually meant 'seize the bladder'! At least he didn't have it tattooed anywhere, unless he was too embarrassed to admit it...
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Love tattoos but my feelings on them is there are times and places where they are somewhat inappropriate, which is why I put them in places that can be covered if necessary.

I totally agree! Mine are all places that can be covered when necessary and shown when appropriate.
  • Tattoos are for FREAKS! don't do it! LOL Kidding.

Dont listen to anyone it's your desision and your body. Just remember that people DO look at you differently when you have tattoos. It might be the "in" thing now but the fad will fade and you need to be comfortable with having it the rest of your life.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Double check with someone who knows the language that that symbol means perseverance before you get the tattoo!! For example I have a tattoo that's in latin, but I know it means what it means because it's the motto of a top university, and I trust they know what they're talking about lol

This!

Hey instead of chinese, how about a traditional Scottish sign for perseverance? :P

persevere1.jpg (without lyrics)

persevere2.jpg

Whole town build around that symbol, I think it looks well cool, but then again I would :P

Plus if you ever went to Leith you'd look like you belonged :L
  • CoryIda

I totally agree! Mine are all places that can be covered when necessary and shown when appropriate.
    I agree. That's why I am thinking that ankle, shoulder blade, or that space at the top of my back beneath the name of my neck would be good.

I will definitely make sure to double-check on the symbol's meaning, but I do want a symbol, not an elaborate illustration or a word.