I wanna EAT!

Options
This is probably so dumb but I'll put it out there. Maybe somebody has some idea?

What should I do? I love to eat and I always want to eat. I am drinking so much water, but not 8 cups yet. I am building up gradually to 8 cups but all I can handle so far is 7cups. I am doing 30 minutes of cardio every day and it beats the heck outta me. I end up a sweating, puffing mess! But I do it.

But damn it I love food. And the bad thing is I love food that is not good for me. Like cereal and Ice cream and pop tarts. But I love food that's good for me too like home made chicken noodle soup with corn bread and giant chicken salads and egg salad sandwiches on toast. Or maybe a fruit salad. Greek Yogurt I love it. I love my strawberry protein shakes. I never eat fast food. Well maybe once in a while about twice a year I will eat a sub from Subway and some pizza from neighborhood pizzaria or whatever.

The thing is I love just about ALL FOOD! I love to eat. I think I'm addicted to food. (is there such a thing?)

Is there something I can do so I wont like food anymore?
Thanx for reading and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    balance ur food out
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I wish I had advice for you, but I am the same way!:flowerforyou:
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Willpower. I know that's a sh*tty answer, but it's what 90% of us here are using to control our love of food.

That said, protein, healthy fats, and fiber will help keep you feeling fuller longer, but as far as the mental/emotional side of the cravings, it boils down to working on willpower and telling yourself "no" when you want to eat something you know you shouldn't.

Good luck in your journey!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Keep a good level of protein, fat, fiber, and water. You'll be a bit fuller and it should reduce the cravings at least somewhat. Plan ahead of time to come up with a reasonable menu. Get into a routine. It will eventually become second nature.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I want to eat I munch on fresh greens ( celery , broccoli ect) No I don't love it but I am learning to like it. I sometimes put pb on t or measure out a tablespoon of salad dressing but have been enjoying it plain lately. It satifies my need to crunch.
  • atlanta90210
    Options
    Before you eat junk tell yourself that being skinny tastes better than a pop tart/ice cream/cereal.
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, and the only thing I can tell you is that the longer you watch what you put into your body, the less often you'll want the bad stuff! Like just about anyone else, I'll give you this advice: If you're having a major craving that won't go away, let yourself eat some of whatever it is. If you can't live a little, what's the point? However, you don't want to be binge eating all the time. Moderation is key. You'll get there!
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to continue to LOVE food! But love it in moderation.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    you just need to get addicted to something else, like running, swimming, weight lifting... i thought i was addicted to food, but it turns out that i was just bored out of my mind. now i exercise and fill my time with other things like crocheting and reading, and i actually have to remind myself to eat. as for the unhealthy foods... don't allow them in your house. if they're not around, you're way less likely to eat them. who wants to drive 10-15 minutes to the store just for some ice cream?
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Keep a good level of protein, fat, fiber, and water. You'll be a bit fuller and it should reduce the cravings at least somewhat. Plan ahead of time to come up with a reasonable menu. Get into a routine. It will eventually become second nature.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • ohsweetcalamity
    ohsweetcalamity Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The best tip I've ever gotten is to identify the flavors you love. Like I love BBQ chicken because it's smokey and spicy. So I find ways to make things taste smokey and spicy without the sugar and other bad stuff in BBQ sauce. If you love icecream because it's chocolatey, switch to a few small pieces of dark chocolate. If you love bacon cheeseburgers, sprinkle bacon salt (yes, this is a thing) over extra lean beef. Make little switches that let you have the tastes you love, and it can help to control cravings. And even if you screw up here and there, don't give up! Good luck!

17326119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    It is most definately not bad to love food...and its not bad to eat food. The secret is eating this delicious food in moderation. I bet if you ate just a handful of chips instead of the whole bag, you could stay within your calorie range. The occasional poptart will not break the calorie bank. Do not deprive yourself of foods you love because then in a moment of weakness (which we all have) you will eat as much of these foods as you possibly can. Just learn to eat smaller portions and your body (needs, wants, cravings) will diminish. No, it will not be easy or fun but you can do it- I believe in you!!!!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    wow! yay me and u when it comes to food are exactly alike. I live right next door to a little store. and theres all my favorite junk in their. from ice cream, candy bars, burritos, pizza pockets and hot cheetos. Its no wonder I kinda slowly started to balloon up.. But yea I just started this special k diet: https://www.specialk.com/
    its easy to follow just takes some will power. and yes its def. helping me overcome being an over eater addict. It is really small amounts of food. but I ADD extra snacks or meals in between. keep in mind tho: healthy ones. I guess its all in the matter or HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT UR NEW CHANGE. I want mine BAD! and im a month and 13days into working out 5-6x a wk. with no real weight loss do to toooo many diet cheat days hint * that little store next to me * that I completely over did it but I have kept goin either way. and this plan is GREAT! But u can still have the things u like just dont have too many cheat days. as for me I am tryin my damn near hardest not to have one cheat day this wk. cuz yea I want this :) I have everything I eat and workouts I do in my blog to hopefully motivate others like us as well. I AM AN EATER AND I LOOOVE TO EAT. its just time to buckle down and eat the good stuff for our bodies. U CAN DO IT TOO :) Add me if u like
  • kellysmarks
    Options
    then eat a lot... of salad/fruits. whenever i feel like i want to eat a lot or binge on something i shouldn't i make a HUGE salad. it fills you up and you feel good about eating it.. plus the bigger you make it the longer it takes to eat so you're occupied :) just make sure it's full of veggies and not cheese/croutons/other fatty toppings
  • sailinjen
    sailinjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    you can totally be addicted to different foods. Such as carbs, but you cut them out long enough and the cravings go away! If you feell like snacking on something unhealthy, try going and jumping rope for a few minutes. You will steer yourself away from the craving....good luck
  • cavaaller_85
    cavaaller_85 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good idea, ohsweet!
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    i love food too!! i'm a chef ( so theres no getting away!) but i've learnt to cut back on the stuff thats no good for my waist line but still not deprive myself of anything (except pizza.....god i love pizza! but i had to ditch it!) if i want chocolate.....i have chocolate, just in smaller servings(kid size chocolate bars are just about enough to kill that craving!)
    fill up on the good things and you crave less of the bad things thats what i say! :wink:
  • Dee1006
    Dee1006 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am the same way! There are so many healthy and delicious versions to many of the foods we love. It takes work to find, and prepare, but as you keep doing it it will get easier......so start by finding healthy versions, then take the next step to gradually lessen your portion size, The trick is not to rush progress and stress yorself out. Take each step gradually. :)
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ok, so heres the thing . I love food too. Almost everybody on here probably does. Some more than others. I 'm one of those and self control is extremely difficult. So , what I do is try to make going shopping about learning about foods etc. I shop almost every day. I try lots of different things, in proportion. No one said you can't have those unhealthy foods. You just have to know the exchange for them is more of that huffing and puffing those calories out.

On days when I go out to eat, or I know I'm eating or want to eat those big calories I ask myself do I have the calories to spare or how hard to I have to work to burn those extra calories of. The exchange more exercise equals more food I can eat or holy moly I don't want that now that I have to work out for another hour before I can have it.
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yes there is such a thing as food addiction. There is something called overeaters anonymous which has local meetings in cities all over the country. My mother has been going to it for years and it has really helped her out. Good luck on your journey and I wish all the best.