Au Natural or....

polarsjewel
polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
Ladies - when you go out running errands; groceries, etc. are you usually all made up, or bare fresh faced? Are you the type to do your errands in sweats/yoga pants or nice jeans and heels. I was brought up to believe that "a lady should always have fresh lip stick on, and that they should never wear sneakers unless they're in the gym" My Dad taught me this.

Men - when you're out with your s/o - do you prefer them to be "made up" or au natural??

Discuss.

Replies

• ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,978 Member
    depends... usually, bare faced and in tennis shoes! BUT, now that i'm a stay at home mom, i kinda take every opportunity to look nice. Since i stay home in sweats all day every day, if i get to leave the house, i tend to try a bit harder! throw on a bit of mascara and lipstick, nice pair of jeans and cute flats... something like that.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    I live in a very redneck town, most women don't wear make up even to the bar. But I never leave the house without at least foundation and mascara on.

I will however run all my errands in yoga pants and sneakers...

....not like anyone can tell under the parka anyways :laugh:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    I prefer my wife to be natural, because that's how she looks her best.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Depends on where I am coming from....

If I'm fresh from teaching Zumba, you will see me in gym clothes.

If I'm coming from work, you will see me in heels.

But if I'm specifically going to run errands, I will get my face together and put some nice clothes on.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,014 Member
    I will never leave my house in sweats unless I'm heading to the gym. Always in jeans and sneakers/Docs and a sweater/shirt. My hair is always done but I don't always put on make up. Only for special occasions do I go all out on the make up, or if I'm going out with friends. Most days if I wear make up it's just some bronzer, color on my eyes and some mascara. I can't stand lipstick but I have a trillion freakin lipglosses and lip balms lol.

My skin natural is rather nice and since it's fair and sensitive, putting on make up sometimes just aggravates it.

My husband has complimented me when at either end of the spectrum so it doesn't matter to him as long as I'm happy.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    I wear jeans and t-shirts w/ sneakers pretty much all the time. I'm a SAHM, I don't have to dress up for work so honestly I don't dress up unless it's for a date night, wedding, or funeral. I DO wear makeup if I'm leaving the house. I have a very uneven skintone and stubborn adult acne and I'm very selfconscious about it all. It's tough trying to balance not wearing too much but still feeling like you've actually made an improvement. Pretty sure I don't quite get the balance right most of the time, but hey at least I tried. LOL I don't wear lipstick but I do wear eye makeup depending on my mood and how much time I have before taking the kids where ever we need to go. Hair is usually up in a ponytail b/c I'm horribly lacking in hair styling skills. LOL
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    I almost always fix my hair, but I rarely wear make up. My husband actually asks me not to quite often. I personally think I look more "polished" with make up on, and will wear it when going out with friends, etc. But if it's just me and him I do not, b/c he prefers it that way.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    i usually have on light makeup, jeans and a tee with sneaks. i'm a casual girl. but i NEVER go out in sweats/yoga pants unless it's to the gym and i would never DREAM of going out in my PJs. i think that's really rude.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,725 Member
    I don't understand when it became acceptable to go out in your PJs.

The lipstick and sneaker thing really stuck with me, as my Dad is usually very reserved.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    I don't understand when it became acceptable to go out in your PJs.

The lipstick and sneaker thing really stuck with me, as my Dad is usually very reserved.

Curious to know, what were his expectations of men?
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    I RARELY go out of the house without make up. Nothing over the top, just some foundation and mascara. My skin tends to be pretty uneven as I'm quite fair and I have these lovely black circles under my eyes (thanks genetics!) so I just don't feel comfortable going bare faced as I've been asked many times if i'm not feeling well :cry:

I don't wear yoga pants/work out gear unless i'm working out or if i have just come from the gym and need to stop and grab something from the grocery store quickly.

Usually it's jeans, fitted T and ballet flats or Chucks when I leave the house.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    It really depends... If I am going shopping for clothing I get a little dressed up. Most of the time I am in jeans and flip flops.

I have been known to go to the grocery store right after my workout. On the weekends I rarely wear any make up. If I am going to go somewhere to pick up something I usually just throw my glasses on and go.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Unless i am going out on the town for girls night or something its bare faced... and my hair is seldom done... even for work I wear a hat all day everyday so doing my hair is never a priority.. I mean I brush it everyday just not anything fancy.

I wear yoga pants and t-shirts every day - even to work. I hate Jeans/skirts etc. Shoes - work boots (every weekday), or runners, or ballet flats (depending on the time of year it is)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I usually go grocery shopping after working out so I'm sweaty, no make up!

If I go shopping during the week, I'll usually just wear shorts and a tee, flip flops, minimal makeup.

If it's during the weekend I usually have jeans on with a blouse, flats, make up, hair blow dried etc but nothing too fancy.

When I go out though, I GO ALL OUT. Hair done, nails always painted (real nails), heels, dress, make up, etc.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    I'm very middle-of-the-road on the average day. I like to look put together and polished, but not 'dressed up' Usually flats, nice jeans and a cute top. My hair may just be up in a pony, but I will almost always wear a little makeup. There are times, however, such as stopping at the store after the gym, or running to the Home Depot first thing Saturday morning when I'll just throw on sneakers, yoga pants and a tee and hoody.

When I go out to dinner or a movie, or a date or even for a casual outing with friends, I get dressed up. Heels, cute jeans, fun top, jewelery, hair and makeup done up, etc.
  • I don't wear a ton of makeup, usually mascara, concealer and lip gloss. I'll go to the grocery store or Costco in sweats on occasion, but I'm more often than not in jeans and a t-shirt or sweater. The one thing I won't leave the house with is messy hair. Gotta have my hair done.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I don't leave until I'm dressed and at least covered up any zits I have...
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    I hate wearing makeup, I'll dab on some mascara and gloss for work, other than that, I'm bare. As far as clothing, well..I'm getting ready to go grocery shopping in sweats and a tee :)
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    I was gonna try and answer this and realized that i vary way to much to try and explain it :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    I like a bit of makeup. I have to wear makeup for my job so if I go out of the house, even to the corner shop, then I have to at least have foundation, mascara, eyeliner and a bit of lip balm. :)

I'm known for my batwing eyeliner, everyday I wear it like that without fail! :)