mexican night!

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
:heart: i want to perpare a fun cino-de-mayo recipe 4 my family dinner using hamburger, corn tortillas and ???????

:huh: can u suggest a recipe?

Replies

• oregonlady
    Options
    :heart: i want to perpare a fun cino-de-mayo recipe 4 my family dinner using hamburger, corn tortillas and ???????

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I could eat mexican meals all the time. I like homemade chili and pinto beans/ with some grated cheese on top. slice geen onions. . I am on SBD now and can't have the tortilla, but when I do I will bake some tortillas alomg with the chili beans. And a nice salad.
    yum
    Caliecat
  • skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options

hi oregon lady! yesterday on hungry girl.com, she had an AMAZING, under 200 calorie recipe for
    cheesy beef quesadillas. (i bought the ingredients immediately!) check out the site!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    hi oregon lady! yesterday on hungry girl.com, she had an AMAZING, under 200 calorie recipe for
    cheesy beef quesadillas. (i bought the ingredients immediately!) check out the site!

i looked, but could not find it. :ohwell: poop
    thank you for the suggestion.:flowerforyou:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    You can always make a taco casserole. Cook your meat up, drain it and then use low sodium taco seasoning to season it. Layer it in a casserole dish - meat, tortilla, black beans, meat, tortilla black beans, etc. Add a layer of shredded cheese (I use reduced fat cheese). Put it in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes.

Serve with shredded lettuce, reduced fat sour cream, salsa, olives (if you like them), tomatoes and extra cheese.

I use low carb or whole wheat tortillas for mine - but i'm sure the corn tortillas would work as well. This is also really good with ground turkey.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

i looked, but could not find it. :ohwell: poop
    thank you for the suggestion.:flowerforyou:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1725
  • oregonlady
    Options
    great ideas!:bigsmile:

thank you sonjav:flowerforyou: