Fun (and effective) Wii workout game?

Options
Any recommendations? I usually use the elliptical and some free weights, but want something to break up the monotony!

Just Dance?
Zumba?
The Michael Jackson Experience?

Something else????

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Just Dance (1, 2, or 3) will definitely get you moving and it's a blast when you're playing with people. Can't even tell that you're getting exercise in.

Some of the games within Wii Fit Plus are a nice workout too. They have hula hooping, step, running, etc.

Enjoy!
  • PeggysDad
    PeggysDad Posts: 105
    Options
    My Fitness Coach Cardio (known as Gold's Gym Cardio in the US), based around boxing but great workout and great fun!
  • butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2, and Wii Fit & Wii Fit Plus. All are fun and challenging!

I think my sister has the Zumba one and likes it.
  • PJChick730
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and 3 and I love them both. Like someone else said, you dont even realize you're working out.

I also just got EA Sports Active 2 (on sale right now at Walmart for $10) and I love it already. It comes with a heart rate monitor and resistance bands. For the most part it is hands free and you dont really have to use the controller that often.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info so far! I just have a Wii and remotes (2 I think) and nunchucks ( I think). will I need to buy other accessories in addition to the game itself? Dance pad ... balance board thing?
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you like to dance..ZUMBA is what you need!!!! It is fun...and will kick your butt at first!! I LOVE IT!!!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I like the wii fit 2. I had the zumba game but I didn't like it. It was disappointing when compared to the classes I took.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have most of the ones people have suggested. So I can change things up. I just got a new one called Walk It Out. Just need contoller and nunchuck. I got it on amazon .com. Probably find it other places. You walk to the beat of the music. Check it out.
  • Leenet06
    Leenet06 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been doing the biggest loser on WII. I chose Bob as my coach and he worked me as hard as Jillian. I am so sore, I can hardly walk. My daughter is brave because she is doing Insanity, and I think she is insane.