Daily Calorie Deficit

Families_R_Forever
Families_R_Forever Posts: 630
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
This is a simple ? if anyone can help. Under the goals tab it has Daily Calorie Deficit. What is this?:huh: Thanks, Heidi

Replies

• This is a simple ? if anyone can help. Under the goals tab it has Daily Calorie Deficit. What is this?:huh: Thanks, Heidi
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    your daily calorie deficit is the goal # of calories that you want to burn more of than you eat, in order to lose the weight, based on the goals you set and the basic daily activity you determined.

for example, my normal daily cals burned is 1900. so my goal of cals to eat is 1420. if i eat only 1420 and i burn 1900, then i'm burning 480 (which is my daily cal deficit) more cals than i'm eating per day. this should result in me losing a lb a week.

that's why the more cals you burn, the more you can eat because your cal deficit will not change, but the number of cals you are burning and eating will. hope that made sense and answered your question. :happy:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Heidi,
    It is the difference in the amount of calories you would burn and the amount of calories taken in. I have heard for every 500 less calories you eat a day is equal to 1 lb per week. So if the deficitis 1000 calories then you should loose 2 lb per week. I hope this helps :-)
    Sally
This discussion has been closed.