help

Options
since i started MFP I have lost 17 pounds. But it seems now that i cant lose any more
I still eat good no more than 1300 calories still do cardio need advice on what else to try

Replies

• carlsims
    carlsims Posts: 5
    Options
    since i started MFP I have lost 17 pounds. But it seems now that i cant lose any more
    I still eat good no more than 1300 calories still do cardio need advice on what else to try
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    just try to stiick it out! How long have you been at it anyways?
  • jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    First off I wanted to congratulate you on losing 17 lbs. I haven't hit that point yet where the weight won't come off. I'm sure I will run in to it sooner or later. I have read that when this happens you are suppose to change up your routine a little. Like try a new exercise, go an extra 10 mins. on the treadmill, drink an extra glass of water a day, or cut out a FEW calories a day. I hope this helps a little. Good Luck!
  • carlsims
    carlsims Posts: 5
    Options
    started about a month ago and started at 248 pounds down to 231 pounds I will try changing up my training do you recomend sit up and push ups while you keep walking
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Add weight training into your routine 3 days a week. Build your muscle mass! It is much more metabolically active and will change your shape quicker than diet alone! Sometimes our weight plateaus but our shape changes. Try checking your measurements.

Good luck and keep with it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    started about a month ago and started at 248 pounds down to 231 pounds I will try changing up my training do you recomend sit up and push ups while you keep walking
    Yes definitely keep walking, maybe walk a little longer each day and add something else in . Situps and pushups would be fine but it doesn't have to be that. Find something new and active that you enjoy. Like me I am starting to learn kickboxing and I love it. :smile: