carbs, protein, fat????

Options
what is a good percentage for each? Right now I have set my goals to 46%c, 30%protein, 30%fat. Im lost at where it should be for weight loss? My CW is 150, GW 125-130, Height 5ft 1in. Please Help.

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    First thing I'd note...46 + 30 + 30 = 106...did you mean to put 40% instead of 46%? If so, that's exactly how I eat. 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat. I find that this is the best ratio for me, and for a lot of people when it comes to getting in shape. The protein is really key because you want to lose fat, but you don't want to lose too much muscle mass. Protein helps your muscles recover after strenuous activity, like intense cardio or weight lifting. Make sure you're eating enough calories (I shoot for around 1400 a day) and incorporating a good mix of cardio and strength training, and you should be on the right track!
  • reptile86
    reptile86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling lost about the amount of protein I need to be getting aswell. I'm struggling of ways to think of getting protein without breaking the bank, I'm already on 2 shakes a day which give me 20g of protein a shot. Trouble is, since it all goes off percentages of your daily calorie intake, I'm on 2130 a day so naturally, my protein is fairly high...