What was the deciding factor for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Quite frankly I am very repulsed when I look at myself in the mirror. I also hate clothes shopping because I am so large. Looking at the Christmas pictures made me cry. I am embarrassed to visit family members out of state. When my father in law was in the hospital with heart attack, my first thought was don't die until I lose about 40lbs. The thought of going back to my home state and being seen by people that haven't seen me in years, made me panic. I just started trying to lose weight 2 weeks ago, so I have a long, hard road ahead.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My doc always saying I am obese (well on the chart) and now I have an eye condition which can cause be to become blind overtime if I don’t lose this weight
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Doctor handed me 12 pills 2 years ago and said "Feel like taking these daily, if you live that long" I was 260 ish about that time, down to 212 now.

Oh, and I opened a door for some people coming into a building and the last guy (big guy) said "us BIG guys don't need jackets, we have weight keeping us warm!"
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The turning point for me was when I bought a new motorcycle which was larger than my other bikes. We took a trip and I burned the inside of my leg really bad. It took four months for the leg to heal. I was totally digusted with myself. I started by just counting calories and then eventually excercising. I'm just losing one pound a week and am over half way to my goal. I will make my goal, I have no doubt!