ZUMBA! (and turbokick)

Options
Anyone do much of these? I just started going this week (plan on doing ZUMBA 4 times a week and turbokick 1 time per week). Anyone have stories of losing weight with these? I know you burn a ton of calories so I'm guessing they must burn a decent amount of fat too?

Thanks!!

Any other zumba people feel free to post here and talk about it :)

Replies

• krizz5u6
    krizz5u6 Posts: 64
    Options
    I love zumba! it's my favorite way to excercise! I burn about 500 cals per hour and i do it twice a week. (there's a calculator on zumba.com to see how many cals you burn). I have lost 5 lbs so far, but i also run every day. I run 3.2 miles every day no matter what and then do zumba with it on mondays and wednesdays. I don't know, i've always enjoyed dancing so that's probably why i love it. I am hoping to buy a zumba dvd so i can do it more often. Good luck with your journey and I hope you enjoy zumba as much as I do :)
  • bacardistreats
    Options
    where's the calculator on the zumba site? I checked under FAQ and Site Map but turned up nothing. Zumba does not offer a search feature. Can you tell us how to get to it?
  • astow8
    astow8 Posts: 24
    Options
    where's the calculator on the zumba site? I checked under FAQ and Site Map but turned up nothing. Zumba does not offer a search feature. Can you tell us how to get to it?

http://www.zumbacalories.com/ is a site I have been referred to often on here, but I'm not exactly sure of the accuracy. I tend to round down a little bit. But either way you burn a lot!
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    I love Zumba! It's been my only real exercise so far, and I lost four pounds with it before I joined Mfp. My starting weight was 195. I even lost weight just doing the step by step DVD!
  • astow8
    Options
    That's awesome! What's everyone's suggestions for a Zumba DVD or video game? I'm thinking I will still want to Zumba even on days that I'm busy during the class time.
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    I have the newest DVD set, as well as the first. The newest is much better in my opinion, but i still have two and a half I haven't tried. If you have a 360, I'd try the game, the tracking seems to be much mire accurate with that than with the wii or PS3
  • astow8
    Options
    I have a 360 but not kinect : /
    yeah I'm skeptical about the wii because my tv has a hard enough time finding me when I'm sitting on the couch let alone dancing around haha.
    What are the names of the DVD's you have?
  • tift0918
    tift0918 Posts: 13
    Options
    YES!!! I started Zumba in January of this year and Turbo Kick in February - they are amazing....I do Zumba 2xs a week, Zumba Toning 1 day a week and Turbo Kick one day a week - I burn an average of 600-700 calories per hour for each one and it has literally been amazing for me...Since I started MFP about 3 months ago I am down 22lbs and about 9 inches - I literally do these classes and try to stick to my calorie goals and it's been really shocking to me how this has worked out - I think honestly if I can lose this weight that anyone who wants to can too - I am literally the most unmotivated /instant results kinda gal lol oops.
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    Awe! Off the top of my head...

Step by step
    Exhilarate
    Activate
    Rush
    Ripped
    Mix
    Fitness concert

Exhilarate is the name of the set.

If you are anything like me, you will probably feel like an idiot at first, but after a couple days you'll loosen up and start having loads of fun, and burn even more calories!!
  • astow8
    Options
    YES!!! I started Zumba in January of this year and Turbo Kick in February - they are amazing....I do Zumba 2xs a week, Zumba Toning 1 day a week and Turbo Kick one day a week - I burn an average of 600-700 calories per hour for each one and it has literally been amazing for me...Since I started MFP about 3 months ago I am down 22lbs and about 9 inches - I literally do these classes and try to stick to my calorie goals and it's been really shocking to me how this has worked out - I think honestly if I can lose this weight that anyone who wants to can too - I am literally the most unmotivated /instant results kinda gal lol oops.

That's so awesome and inspiring! I'm so happy I found a workout that I really like doing! I look forward to it so much.

And @TheDreadedJyn, thanks for the info on the DVD's! I am going to start saving up for the set now :)
  • TheDreadedJynx
    Options
    You're very welcome! If you can find hem second hand cheaper, you really don't need the toning sticks the set comes with. I just use two 2.5 free weights.
  • mokenpahu
    Options
    hi ........i was doing Zumba 3 to 5 times a week. i lost 55 lbs for surgery to take out galled bladder. its addicting you will love it.
  • skichick1968
    Options
    Just like any other exercise, you'll get out of it what you put into it. I'm a Zumba instructor & I always walk out of class sweaty!
  • bacardistreats
    Options
    thanks!