Let's talk water bottles...

Options
Because I need one (probably two, actually!) I'm looking for a good one that's easy to open/close and has a smaller base so it fits in cupholders. Share your favorites! Thanks.

Replies

• abdblb54
    abdblb54 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try camel back brand
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Camelbak 100%. They come in different sizes, and they are insulated. Love them.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I swear by my camelback - I have the one with the straw that flips up - I find I can drink more through a straw then gulping down a cup of water...

I can actually grab it with my teeth and drink without using my hands - important when I am kickboxing and have gloves on

Mine is 24 ounces - although you can get smaller ones - don't have a problem fitting it in drink holders...

I use it as a gauge - I drink a whole one on my way to work - I have to finish it before I allow myself my morning coffee...have another one or two during the day...and then another one in the evening
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Anything with a straw is nasty to me. I love the rubbermaid flip top BPA free that are easy easy easy to clean! Target has them.
  • roachbug03
    roachbug03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :drinker: My daughter found one at target that is called CamelBak. Research proven to make you drink more water. You flip the top and bite and suck. You DO drink more water with it as I can attest to that. My opinion. GOOD LUCK! Reg price 19.99 on sale for 12.99
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Iv'e got the open mouth camelbak. LOVE IT! My kids all have the flip up camelbaks with the straw. It's great for my 1yo because she can drink it every which way, but it's tough to clean. They are a bit pricey, but I like them way better than my old nalgenes. I got the 32 oz one and it fits in my purse and my cup holder... also good gage for water consumption throughout the day. I try to drink at least 3 a day, 4 if I'm training in the gym.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The brita filter bottles have a small butt so they fit well to cupholders and they have a filter which I like because I tend to refill a lot at public fountains.
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    SIGG all the way! (they are stainless steal, extremely durable, dishwasher friendly) kinda spendy, but WELL worth the money! :)
  • Paulbp4
    Paulbp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the brita water bottles (you can buy a two pack at sams I think.) they have a nice filter to give you fresh tasting water. There are other brands... Bobble is one but their not as small and probably wouldn't fit cup holders.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    I use a klean kanteen. They come in a range of sizes the one i use is 27oz
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I use Insulated Polar Bottles. They fit in the cup holder, are BPA free, keep things cold for HOURS when I'm out cycling, and come in a ton of colors. They run about $10 and I have had some of mine for years. Just make sure you invest in a good bottle brush (whatever bottles you end up choosing) to keep mold & bacteria away.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    The brita filter bottles have a small butt so they fit well to cupholders and they have a filter which I like because I tend to refill a lot at public fountains.

Having a filter bottle has changed my world! I am drinking so much more water at work now
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The Camelbak seems nice, but I never found them here in Ireland.
    Sad

I wish I could have one too.
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like the rubbermaid fip top. Two pack for $5 at kroger right now. They fit in cupholders & are easy to clean. Plus they are inexpensive, which is good because I tend to lose them.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Having a filter bottle has changed my world! I am drinking so much more water at work now

I know right? I feel a lot safer and even if it is psychological, it tastes better to me, so I drink and drink.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Contigo, I like the clip and push button opening. I can use one hand and clip it to my bag. Which is important when dragging my 2-year old twins inside the gym. ;)
  • danapellerin
    danapellerin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Kleen Kanteen fan.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Contigo, I like the clip and push button opening. I can use one hand and clip it to my bag. Which is important when dragging my 2-year old twins inside the gym. ;)

Same here - the Contigo is my favorite. Each member of my family has two (we chose different colors to keep 'em straight) and we rotate through them every couple of days. Holds 24oz, spill proof, one hand operation, fits in the cupholders, goes in the dishwasher.

I used to get them at Costco and Target, but then they both switched to either the flip-up straw model or the insulated model (which holds less! boo!). You can order them online from the company or through Amazon.

Edited to add: they make awesome insulated coffee cups too!
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    I have a Phillies water bottle.. It sprays mist on you if you want. lol
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Camelbak--we each have one (me, hubs, both kids)