High Blood Pressure

Options
Hi, I have had high blood pressure for the past few years. On average 150 over 95. Since I started the weight loss I have lowered it by about 10 on both ends. Last week I started drinking tea, just celestial tea and my blood pressure has taken a nose dive. Today it was 107/69. I think the tea is helping. You may want to give it a try if you have high blood pressure.

Replies

• treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm not sure what tea you're recommending. Celestial Seasonings has many different varieties. Are you talking about one of those or something else? Thanks!
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just tea in general I don't think the flaovor matters. I don't even know if thats the case. I just know that I started it last week and my blood pressure dropped like 30 points on the upper end and 20 points on the bottom end.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I see. Thanks! I drink black tea on Saturdays and Sundays, mainly for the caffeine, since I drink coffee all week and work, but can't be bothered to make coffee at home. I've never noticed an effect on my blood pressure, but then I'm not believing the BP measurements I've made at home recently since they are about 20 points higher than ones I've had at the doctor's office. I'm thinking I'll take my meter with me the next time I see the doc and try it just after the nurse in the office takes it.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    thanks I will try that, seems very interesting. :smile:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had high blood pressure for the past few years. On average 150 over 95. Since I started the weight loss I have lowered it by about 10 on both ends. Last week I started drinking tea, just celestial tea and my blood pressure has taken a nose dive. Today it was 107/69. I think the tea is helping. You may want to give it a try if you have high blood pressure.

Bit of a dumb question, are your BP measurements at the doctor's office, a home unit or one of units at the drugstore? I've been drinking tea for ages (green tea) and wish I could see numbers like that.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have an omron at home. It did match up with the docs a while ago. I assume its still accurate. Just a note, the tea that I drink is caffeine free.