Hi I'm New To My Fitness Pal

I am looking for support in lossing about 30 to 35 lbs by the end of june. I am looking for some ideas on which types of workouts I should be doing. As of now I have been jogging on a tredmill for 30 minutes and on a bike for 30 minutes also. Im just having a hard time losing the last 35lbs.
Please Help!!!

Replies

• MyTyme2
    MyTyme2 Posts: 6
    Hi! I am new also. A few years ago I lost 30 pounds and was in good shape. I walked 4 or 5 days a week and did strength training 3 days a week. I have a Bowflex but free weights are just as useful. There are a ton of good DVDs out there. Collage Video has some of the best and good prices too. Just putting on some music and dancing is always a good work and you don't even have to buy anything that way.
    I want to lose 30 pounds again because I had to have surgery 5 months ago and was just released yesterday to start walking and doing low impact aerobics again. So I am on this journey again.
    I hope you have great success with yours. If you want to add me as a friend that would be great. We all need support with this and I would like to add mine. Hope to hear from you. Take care.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    I started out doing workouts that I thought were fun, Wii, Zumba, Carmen Electra StripTease. Whatever I thought would get me moving. Once I created a habit I increased the frequency and intensity of my workouts. Now I'm working out 5-6 times a week for several months now. It can still be challenging but it gets easier to get going all the time.
  • cdnider
    cdnider Posts: 7
    HI
    I see from your picture you have a new baby. R you breast feeding, If you are that weight will come so easily. When I was brestfeeting I was 30 lbs over weight the whole time I was feeding and the month that I stopped I lost the 30 lbs just like that. I thought I am doing this for my baby she needs my milk to grow and get strong and stay healthy. I not going to diet she needs it more. I did go for walk and worked out a bit but I didn't stressed about the weight. I just enjoyed my baby for the first year of her life and gave her all the milk she wanted. That is something that you can't get back is the first years of a babies life,
    Good luck
  • Barb_0457
    Barb_0457 Posts: 14
    New to MFP and just trying to get on some sort of regular food plan and trying to manage to exercise at least 3 days a week for at least 15 minutes. Not a lot I know but need to start somewhere.
  • steviegreeks
    steviegreeks Posts: 35 Member
    Hi,

I have personally lost 11 pounds since January this year. It's hard work and here are a few tips... MFP rocks!! Without it I would have never lost the weight. Avoid fastfood joints like the plague as they are extremely high in calories and low in nutrients. I suggest group fitness classes and social sports teams I do a combination of treadmill and weights on Mon, Combat class Tuesday, Either a circuit class or netball Wed, Zumba Thur, Circuit training Friday and Yoga on Saturdays, nothing on Sundays. I am pretty fit now though so start with setting yourself 3 definite days and commit yourself to it. If you get a friend you can guilt each other into it :) I now have 4 gym buddies I can call upon when I really can't be assed going to the gym (my fiance is one of them, get your partner on board too!!). Snacks change up sweets for fresh fruit, chippies for carrots/celery and it's ok to mess up! I do once a week :) Also love dark chocolate!!

Hope that helps in some way, good luck!