New to MFP!!! Need ALL the support I can get!!!

Options
Hi guys! I started MFP yesterday and I'm happy to say I actually stuck to my meal plan for the entire day!! AND.....I even did 15 min on my elipticall. Yeah, I know 'just 15 min?" but it's a start right?? I have lots of weight to lose so this is going to be a long journey and though I've said this a million times before THIS time is it!!

I'm getting married next year (yeah me) and the last thing I want to be is a plus size bride. Been there...done that....I want to be able to step into a bridal shop and try on a beautiful gown that doesn't look like a tent!! So, I have a little over a year to get to my goal weight. I hope and pray that with the support of my family AND you guys here I'll be able to achieve my goal and be a beautiful bride.

203175.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Laura021967
    Laura021967 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi guys! I started MFP yesterday and I'm happy to say I actually stuck to my meal plan for the entire day!! AND.....I even did 15 min on my elipticall. Yeah, I know 'just 15 min?" but it's a start right?? I have lots of weight to lose so this is going to be a long journey and though I've said this a million times before THIS time is it!!

I'm getting married next year (yeah me) and the last thing I want to be is a plus size bride. Been there...done that....I want to be able to step into a bridal shop and try on a beautiful gown that doesn't look like a tent!! So, I have a little over a year to get to my goal weight. I hope and pray that with the support of my family AND you guys here I'll be able to achieve my goal and be a beautiful bride.

203175.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!!! :smile:

Just call when you need us and we will come running! :bigsmile:

Good luck,
    Katie
  • candessb
    candessb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! You've found a great guide to help you! Just keep your goals in mind and realize your potential and you can accomplish anything.
    Your diet is very important to your goals because it can give you the energy you need and can help curb hunger to assist in your weight loss. GOOD LUCK!!! (Try reading Tosca Reno's "Clean Eating".
  • piesh
    piesh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm pretty new to this site too. I love it so far. I haven't really met anyone yet, but if you ever want to chat (I'd say message me but I'm not sure if it's possible to message on this site yet). I'm here for ya! This time next year you'll be a healthier you and you'll be ready to start that new life! Go for it.:flowerforyou:

Alicia
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    hey laura, if that 02 1967 is your month and yr, we are exactlly the same age. :happy: remember that losing weight at our age gets harder, so try to get some exercise at least 4-5 days a week' "working up to 40-60 min. remember to drink your water, limit the sodium, carbs, and fat and get plenty of protien and fiber.
    YOu are in the best place to help you make it this time. I just love to read the posts and get new tips and info all the time. the food logs and exercise logs really help me monitor myself and it keeps me motivated and "honest" :wink:
    So good luck and " keep your eye on the prize" that wedding dress will be beautiful and you have plenty of time to reach your goal.
    also try to set yourself up some mini goals, it helps me. I'm halfway to mine and then I'll re adjust to my next goal.
    :drinker: good luck
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    welcome!