Almond milk

Options
Hi! I have never had almond milk before and I was thinking about trying it. But I am not sure which one to try first...there is sweetened, unsweet, vanilla...What do you suggest? Thanks!

Replies

• ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    The "Blue Diamond" brand is really good! I like their "Original" (NOT the original unsweetened). I find the "Vanilla" a bit to sweet for my taste so I mix 3/4 cups "Original" and 1/4 cup of "Vanilla". Only a few more calories but it gives it a little for flavor. So cheers :drinker:

Hope I help :flowerforyou:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Avoid the Almond Breeze variety as it has carageenan in it. Otherwise, it's really tasty stuff. Go for the brands with the least sweetening and the shortest list of ingredients.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I love Silk Almond milk. I use the unsweetened in my smoothies and such and the vanilla in my cereal, to drink, and my coffee. I also love the chocolate as a nice little treat.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    Silk almond milk is my favorite. I use the unsweetened vanilla in my smoothies and original to drink.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I buy the unsweetened vanilla but I only use it for fruit smoothies. Was never a big milk drinker
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I like the unsweetened vanilla. I liked Blue Diamond and then our Walmart quit carrying it so now I buy the Silk brand. Not as yummy but still good!
  • tcpowell25
    tcpowell25 Posts: 292
    Options
    Sil Almond Vanilla or Unsweetened is good.
  • Smoki248
    Smoki248 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Silk True almond regular and like it just fine. It isnt sweet at all, has very little taste really. I use it in all my cooking as well. I would think the unsweetened would be just as good and flavored ones for drinking out of a glass. Just try them.
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was a fan of Almond Breeze, but found it was going bad way to fast!!! Tried a few others and love silk! I use the Vanilla, as I dont drink enough to really worry about calories. (maybe 1/2-1 cup a day) I drink it on its own and in cereal if I have it or shakes.
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i like blue diamond unsweetend vanilla.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    A friend here on MPF talked me into trying it out, It's goooood! She was so right. IO would try vanilla if you like regular milk. Switching from whole (or any milk that tastes like milk) good tasting milk to unsweetend unflavored might be too large of a jump at first try. I like the sweetness of the vanilla, plus it's only 90 cals a cup!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened with cereal or baking, chocolate by itself, and sweetened in my coffee :3
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla. I always mix it with Hershey's LIte Choco syrup or use it in protein shakes.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I drink So Delicious Almond Plus (Vanilla Flavor) I really like it in cereal, to drink and in coffee.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Side note: drop a scoop of whey protein into a cup of almond milk, whip 'er up good... practically tastes like a fast food milkshake.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It's an acquired taste. To ease yourself into it, I would start with the original flavor, not the unsweetened original. I use Silk and love all of them. I was a bit startled at how bitter the unsweetened original is, but I got used to it and like it now.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    So Delicious Vanilla Almond Milk is the bomb!!!! Silk Vanilla Almond not so much i'm just saying
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I choose the Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk. It has only 35 calories per 8 oz. I was never a big milk drinker but this is perfect for my cereal, cooking, baking, anything I would have used my skim milk for previously.

I also use the Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla which is 40 calories per 8 oz. Again, I don't drink it straight up so it is perfect for my uses.

I LOVE the Blue Diamond Almond Milk/Coconut Milk Blend!!!!! This is perfect for drinking cold! I also use this when I make a mango smoothie... YUM!!!!! And anything I want to add coconut to for flavor works wonderfully with this mixture. This is 60 calories per 8 oz.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla

super low calorie too
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I use Aldi's brand sweetened vanilla. I use it on cereal and just to drink. I like me some sugar!