40+ is the new 30+

Options
2»

Replies

• grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Make the most of your 40ies. The bloom is still on the rose.

Now, when 50 comes, you are on the summit, looking at the way down. 50 is not 40, and if you pretend that it is you are only kidding yourself, and fooling no one. Time rushes in after 50.

So enjoy the last rays of your youth.

Huh? Sorry but "screw this!" I'm aiming to prove that 54 is the new 35! :bigsmile:

Pick the daisies while ye may, but winter is coming on. Enjoy the light as it starts to fade into shorter days and nights.

The forties are lush, with fully mature beauty. Enjoy them to the fullest because once they are gone, they will never return again.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    if i can ask a dumb question, and please ridicule me openly for this if you need to. Why does 40 seem like such an important or traumatic age for ladies?

Maybe it is for some guys too, but all of my guy friends didn't seem to care much.

Oh, but the midday devil is aroused in men of 40! That is when they swap their wives for newer models, quit their jobs to go for the dream. 40 in men is significant for the havoc it creates.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    if i can ask a dumb question, and please ridicule me openly for this if you need to. Why does 40 seem like such an important or traumatic age for ladies?

Maybe it is for some guys too, but all of my guy friends didn't seem to care much.

I will turn 40 in October and it is KILLING me. Even at 39 I can say I am "in my 30's" 40 just sounds old to me. blech.