tooting my horn!!!

Options
Ok, so this week at the school I work at is teacher appriceation week. Everyday they do something nice for the teachers. Today they gave us lunch. It was a good lunch tacos made how we like. I did well and picked lower calorie ingrediants such as chicken instead of beef and only a sprinle of cheese.

But what I am really proud of is that there was a dessert cart with the most lovely chocolate cake ever! It was three layers with chcolate frosting and m n m's on the top. All my friends (the other teachers) were having theirs and I refrained! I didnt even feel bad about it! Plus we had to go back to our rooms and one of the other teachers on our team asked for a piece because she couldnt make it to the lunch room. So I cut her a piece and carried it to her. I did not even cheat with a lick or smugde of icing. I am so proud of myself right now. This is something that I dont know if I could have done before and I did it with out excuses or feeling bad! I really think I am on my way to a new life where those types of things will not control me any longer!:happy:

Replies

• hushmonkey1234
    Options
    Ok, so this week at the school I work at is teacher appriceation week. Everyday they do something nice for the teachers. Today they gave us lunch. It was a good lunch tacos made how we like. I did well and picked lower calorie ingrediants such as chicken instead of beef and only a sprinle of cheese.

But what I am really proud of is that there was a dessert cart with the most lovely chocolate cake ever! It was three layers with chcolate frosting and m n m's on the top. All my friends (the other teachers) were having theirs and I refrained! I didnt even feel bad about it! Plus we had to go back to our rooms and one of the other teachers on our team asked for a piece because she couldnt make it to the lunch room. So I cut her a piece and carried it to her. I did not even cheat with a lick or smugde of icing. I am so proud of myself right now. This is something that I dont know if I could have done before and I did it with out excuses or feeling bad! I really think I am on my way to a new life where those types of things will not control me any longer!:happy:
  • Cinnamon_Kisses
    Options
    That's so awesome! Excellent self control, well done :drinker:
  • renault_m
    renault_m Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm also a teacher and I, too, have been faced with temptations this week. I passed on Build-Your-Own Ice Cream Sundaes. We only have a few days left. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Keep up the most awesome work :flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    This is a true victory and as real as seeing the numbers on the scale drop or the inches on the measuring tape melt away. Good for you! Remember this moment of strength the next time a food really tempts you. Good Job!:bigsmile:
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That is a true victory. I wish we could be more creative to show all of you teachers how much you are appreciated. You guys have one of the most important jobs there is. THANKS.:flowerforyou:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Yup yup....excellent success!!!!! And now..next time you are faced with that choice...remember HOW awesome that felt. Don't let the "well I did it once so now I can cave" attitude sneak up on you...remember how awesome this feels! One choice at a time......that's the best way to lose weight!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm also a teacher and I, too, have been faced with temptations this week. I passed on Build-Your-Own Ice Cream Sundaes. We only have a few days left. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:

For teacher appreciation week we got 1 chocolate truffle and a very nice note in our mailbox. I guess that's a good thing, because I just popped my truffle into the person's mailbox that is next to mine- so they got 2, and I had none! :laugh: Although, not sure I would have had that kind of will power if we had been given ICE CREAM:love: so I guess I should consider myself lucky that no one offered us goodies :laugh:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!