after the loss is my skin going to sag???

Options
1981simm
1981simm Posts: 123 Member
I'm 5'10" and my tummy is stretched out from having a baby... and lots of extra weight... but does it shrink back up at all?

Replies

• Brightstar4031
    Brightstar4031 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine never did :noway:
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    ok, yes some..but not all the way..(i read this again) depending on your skin type and genetics
  • 1981simm
    Options
    Ugh i'm going to be screwed in the gut department... and possibly arms:(
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have some issues with sagging, but strength training and skin brushing have improved them slightly.
  • runningdiva77
    Options
    i've lost about 5 pounds, and am thankful for weight lifting! that's all i can say, but my belly is still soggy :( just smaller... lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    There are variables that will dictate it. Genetics, how much weight you have to lose, age and how fast you lose your weight.
    If you're more than 80lbs overweight, chances are you will have loose skin. The older you are, the less elastic your skin is. If you lose weight too fast, then the skin doesn't have time to accomodate the loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    There is a wonderful skin tightening tool that I have found work good called Exilis. It doesn't hurt and I've had serval treatments. It does have a price tag of about 1,200. or more for a package of treatments.
  • runningdiva77
    Options
    oops, i meant 50!!!
  • 1981simm
    Options
    Thanks everybody... i'm 22 and i'm looking to lose close to 70 lbs... almost to my halfway mark but I hate where my belly has a fold in it. I thought it was because of a c section but I've got a long way to go to get rid of it
  • glittergirl21
    glittergirl21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mentally, I think I've already prepared myself for the possibility of skin sagging. I'm just going to surgically remove it if I have to. At the end of the day though, saggy skin will win over excess weight every time!
  • Brightstar4031
    Options
    Thanks everybody... i'm 22 and i'm looking to lose close to 70 lbs... almost to my halfway mark but I hate where my belly has a fold in it. I thought it was because of a c section but I've got a long way to go to get rid of it

I've had 2 C-sections and it took a toll on my stomach as well. No amount of diet and exercise can help it. But I look at my beautiful kids and think it was worth it
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Start saving for plastics. I love my plastic surgeon!! : )
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my stomach doesn't exactly have sagging skin after my baby, but I can definitely tell the deference in the skin elasticity. It just looks and feels slightly looser. But I can live with it. Now my boobs is what I'm really worried about. Especially after breastfeeding for 18 months. :P. I don't think they were EVER be the same. Not that I would change that special time I've had with her...
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It wont be if you are doing the right exercises. Focus on doing Strength training as well and it will help out.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    the belly ... it's still "soggy"
    i have found that kettlebells helped me.
    i had two huge babies and weighed 265 (at least).
    tank tops are my best friend lol
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Being overweight and getting pregnant it may not.. I am 5'11 and I have lost about 75lbs and my skin doesnt sag at all..I can pull on it because there is extra but it doesnt sag..You really really should consider doing weight training to tighten everything up if your worried about it...its a pretty natural thing after having a baby to have though...
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    I think another important question is, how long ago did you have a baby? It definitely takes time for the skin to tighten back up after being stretched so far.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Start saving for plastics. I love my plastic surgeon!! : )

You don't need to having plastic surgery done..if you put in a little hard work you will be amazed at the results!
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Mine is horrid! It will only be corrected by plastic surgery! My tummy has whats called adipose tissue! Ive lost 95 lbs! From 250 to 155! It is really stretchmarked out hangs folds buldges etc...i hate it! And it is time to save for a plastic surgeon! Lol....and my arms have a hang too....
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options

there are a few ladies on here that have had c-sections and now have a flat stomach. you are still young so you might still be in the percentile that can manage to obtain that without any type of surgery if you do the right exercises and diet properly. I hate the word diet but from my understanding if you want a flat stomach there are certain foods you should stay away from.

I know one lady was going p90x and getting fabulous results.