Excess Protein in diet?

Options
I'm new to tracking what I eat all day and after my second day I've noticed that I'm eating more protein than recommended. Today I was over by 42 grams while my fat and carb levels were below goal. While this be a detriment to weight loss and fitness in the long run? I'm not eating more on purpose or following a specific diet, I just feel better eating more. I've opened up my diary if anyone has any suggestions to keep my levels more balanced. Sorry if this is a dumb question. :blushing:

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It's not technically 'excess', it just looks that way b/c of the way MFP's default recommendations are set up. The carb/fat/protein amounts are split by a default percentage, and actually you can customize those settings if you want to in order to fit your preferences/goals/lifestyle/etc. Eating more protein than MFP's default setting recommends will not hurt your weightloss. I eat over twice the amount MFP recommends and many other people here do as well. :-) If you'd like to change your percentages to a balance that works better for you, click on 'my home' at the top of the site, then click 'goals' and 'change goals' and choose the 'custom' option.
  • Kateraptor
    Options
    Thank you very much. :)