21 year old student, need more motivation! =)

Options
mbeis
mbeis Posts: 19 Member
Hi, I'm Morgan. I'm a student at Rutgers University and President of my sorority.
Last year, I weighed 138lbs. After 2 1/2 months of serious dieting and exercise, I got down to 117lbs. My goal was to be between 110 and 112. I was very proud of my progress, but after leaving for summer break, I fell off. I manage an Auntie Anne's in a baseball stadium, and I was constantly eating pretzels and fattening fried foods at work out of boredom. When I came back to school, I had gained back about 5lbs. Then my boyfriend broke up with me, and my weight fluctuated for a while-- and then rocketed. I went to the doctor about a month ago, and I was up to 133. For lent (although I'm not very religious), I decided to cut out junk food. I did decently well with this, and despite the fact that I messed up sometimes and wasn't tracking my calories, I was 125 when I weighed myself this past Saturday.
Height: 5'3"
SW: 138
CW: 125
STG: 117
LTG: 112

I would like to be <117 by April 28th for my formal, but I want to continue to make a healthy lifestyle change afterwards. I have joined the gym and have been looking up healthy recipes (I love to cook...Skinnytaste.com has been a good website I found through here). Anyway, I don't know what else to say. Add me and let's inspire each other to stick to our goals!

Replies

• RebeccaDoesIt
    RebeccaDoesIt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hope you reach your goal! I'm sure you can do it! My weight goals are very similar too! Lets motivate each other :]
    I requested you.
  • kumakween
    Options
    I'm 21 years old, 5"3 with the same weight goals as you. =))

We can do this! This is our year!
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) I'm pretty new here too, I'd be more than happy to help you out! Sounds like you're doing really well already
  • jillp99
    jillp99 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey I'm 21 and looking for people my own age with similar goals to help motivate me. I am 140 lbs and would LOVE to be 120 like I used to be. I have started going to the gym daily but I suck at cleaning up my diet. Feel free to add me as a friend!! :)
    Jill
  • BobbyDAGLEY
    BobbyDAGLEY Posts: 301
    Options
    Hi Morgan, My name is Bobby, I'm new to MFP, I've lost 88 lbs in the last 3 1/2 months, Still have 44 lbs to go, Maybe we can share tips and stratagies, feel free to add me as a friend
  • mariefrance91
    mariefrance91 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    im 21 and have similar goals and am pretty new here too. lets do this :)