I'm perplexed. [Small concern for now]

Options
These last three weeks I've really been trying my hardest. These past previous two weeks, I've lost 6 lbs. This week. Nothing. Not even half a pound, or a fraction. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I stay within my calories. [occasionally I'm a bit under. Depending on when I work out I dont have time to eat a little more if I need a few more.] I recently upped my workout to a full hour or two, and nothing seems to be coming off. My boyfriend seems to think I might be retaining a little water, or I'm just gaining muscle.

Your thoughts? [I do drink plenty of water every day. That's all I drink. Except the occasional Gatorade.]

Replies

• flab2sixpack
    Options
    Have you measured yourself with a tape?
  • Vrutz2012
    Options
    I actually don't have any, but I can pick some up no problem. You think there would've been a difference??
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ^ Definitely try measuring. Last time I lost weight and starting working out more intensly and lifting weights the scale stopped moving, but I got so much more toned.
    Keep doing what you're doing and it will come off in the end :) The slower it comes off the better anyway, I think. And you're always improving yourself even if the scale doesnt say so
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    If you are gaining more muscle then it will offset your weight loss. You will fit better in your clothes but the scale will not be dropping like you want it to.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think you have to accept that weight doesn't come off nice and evenly! It's a pain in the butt, but try not to look at "this week i lost" versus "last week I lost". Instead do "In 3 weeks I have lost a total of...."

Well done on your progress so far, sounds like you're doing everything just fine!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,048 Member
    Options
    I always lose weight in chunks. I'll go for weeks with nothing, then drop 2 pounds in a week, and 2 more for the next two weeks. Go figure!

Don't freak out. Also, the first week is usually the biggest, so don't expect the same huge loss every week. It just doesn't work that way.

Good luck.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't get stressed about it, just keep what you are doing and the results will come. As a previous poster said, weight loss isn't always even and there are all kinds of reasons for that (water retention, monthly cycle, whether you've been to the bathroom, muscle retaining water as it heals......etc).
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. It was like the perfect storm that made it. It was that time of the month, it always causes water retention problems along with bowl problems let's say. In addition I had started strength training that week. I also realized I was eating a ton of sodium (that's when I started tracking sodium as well). Once aunt flo left town, I reduced the sodium and upped the water my scale dropped me nearly a kilo over night. I also saw my body fat % drop half a %.
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump....