Boxing or Karate

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for another way to keep fit. In my area we have both boxing and karate fitness clubs. Which will be best and why? I know it all boils down to individual interests,im not sure yet. I just want something new, exciting that will help me burn more calories.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• deedog007
    deedog007 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like boxing.. cause i am a boxing fan and its a little easier than Karate (kick boxing). I am a beginner.. and the fundamentals were easy to catch on to in boxing.. maybe 2 months (including wrapping hands). :)

Good luck on your choice
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking for another way to keep fit. In my area we have both boxing and karate fitness clubs. Which will be best and why? I know it all boils down to individual interests,im not sure yet. I just want something new, exciting that will help me burn more calories.

Thank you in advance!

I enjoy boxing tremendously and incorporate it into my routine at least 3 - 4 times per week. With that said I know Karate is a much better workout simply due to the sheer amount of stretching and emphasis on it before and after coupled with using using arm speed, power, and endurance as well as leg strength, power, speed, and endurance.

For the most part your enjoyment level is going to determine what you stick with.
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    From what I read you burn more calories boxing because you are moving more and not focusing as much on learning 1000 different moves. I don't know if this is true, it is just something I saw somewhere.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot for the responses. It looks like boxing will win.