Introduction / new to OA but not recovery...step work rebel!

Options
Hi...I just joined this group. My name is Dee. I was wondering if there was an OA group on here. I went to my first real OA meeting this past Monday evening. I'm not new to 12-step recovery....I've been a member of NA for many many years. I've had several relapses while being a member of NA. I'm not much of a step worker. I don't know why, but I've never had much interest in the steps in my personal life...I mean, as far as working them one by one until I'm finished and then rework them again. I'm saying all of this because I know the steps are strongly recommended in all 12-step programs, and the same is for OA. I loved the OA meeting I went to...the people were really kewl...loving, caring, nurturing and welcoming. But I'm just not so sure I can do an OA program through the steps. I know the only requirement for membership is the desire...its the same in all 12-step programs...but the heavy emphasis is on working the steps. And its hard to get a sponsor or keep one if you're not very willing to work the steps.

Quite honestly, I just want support for my new journey of eating healthy and acquiring my ideal weight. I know that I must change my lifestyle regarding my eating habits, how i spend my time, how I view myself, how I view others and the world around me. That's why I joined MFP. I love this site. It keeps me accountable of my day to day eating and activities. I love the way it calculates for me and I don't have to do it.

Anyhoo....I just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm here and that I would love for any of you to friend me. I really did like that OA meeting I went to...I just want a place to be with people like me who I can chill with and grow from. The same goes for NA...I've been a member of NA for all these years because they are like me. And as I listened to all the OA members share at that meeting, I just knew I was home. But the only thing I can't get past right now is the steps thing. I mean, I can't even work them in my home fellowship...how do I expect myself to work them here...you know?

Anyhoo....thanx for letting me ramble and I hope some of this made sense to someone...lol...peace out....Dee

Replies

• lindahappy
    lindahappy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would just love to have a OA group who uses My Fitness Pal. I am sure such things will come about in time, because it is such a great idea. But let's make it happen now.

Lindahappy